Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 8 February 2014
Brought me back to my childhood and I'm even beginning to watch it with my own children
now - who are loving it too.

I did buy Volume 1 separately a few years back but the complete series works out cheaper
than buying volume 1 + 2 combined so it's really a no brainer.

Love it and highly recommend it!
on 13 June 2013
Takes me right back to university and Philip Schofield in the Broom cupboard days. I remember Philip desperately asking for viewers to write in with any ideas what the lyrics in the title song were about. They got got Richeleu down perfectly, the decadent and diffident court of the King and the festering internicine nature of the era perfectly and not only mostly done with dogs but cartoon ones at that. With good fight scence, if you can get over the incredulity of a talking mouse its' better than David Starky, certainly better than the Tudors and lots and lots of fun.
on 22 December 2015
Great to ge to rewatch these while introducing them to my daughter. First series was excellent as I remembered - the second series was just OK - different voices for the characters, but still enjoyable
on 28 February 2012
Bought this for my kids and it took me back to my childhood. It's still a great story and really good value for the amount of DVD for the price.
on 25 June 2012
If you haven't gotten Dogtanian yet and want to experience the show, along with the 2nd series and TV movies, then this is the set for you. All 9 DVD's released by Revelation Films are here in this one set and it's defenately great value if you choose to buy it.

Discs 1-4 is the entire first series of Dogtanian, all 26 episodes are present and tells the tale of how Dogtanian first becomes a musketeer (or later known as a muskehound) and prevents Cardinal Richelieu's evil plans to try and obtain control of France for himself, and introduces you to Dogtanian's friends; Porthos, Aramis Athos, Pip and the lovely Juliette.

Discs 5-8 is the entire second series, another 26 episodes total. This series takes place years after the events of the first, with Dogtanian, now having a family, now has to defend France from King Louis XIII's evil twin brother; Blanbec. The animation to this series is different from the first, as series 1 was animated by Nippon Animation in Japan. This series was animated in Taiwan by Wang Film Productions and was a co production with Thames Television in the UK, obviously trying to re-capture the success of the first, but didn't quite in the end. But overall it's not a bad series. Yes some voices come back, while many others are replaced for this series, which didn't help it's popularity much. But it's still OK.

Disc 9 features the TV movies, the movie for Series 1 is the better of the two, they both use clips from both series and put them together, however the movies will have different vocal performances from the show. The series 1 movie features Cam Clarke; the original Dogtanian in the main role once more. There are a few cast changes, but the voices overall were fine for this movie. The one to avoid is the TV movie of Series 2, this was recorded YEARS after Series 2's official recording and was done by a company in London, England and not in America like the other recordings. The voices don't sound right for most of the characters and they even changed many of the names. Defenately avoid it, unless you want a laugh!

So if you want everything Dogtanian, that's all 9 discs, then defenately get this set. If not, then you may be better off picking up the seperate series sets and the lone DVD of the TV movies, but in my point of view, this is a very good value set.
on 4 April 2014
I was so excited when I saw that this was released on DVD and when I watched it, it brought back so many childhood memories. Its really well drawn and the characters are amusing making it a very enjoyable series to watch.

This set comprises of Season one and season two as well as the movie. It is spread over 9 discs and they fit well in the case, provided you put them back in the right way!

The quality of the image is actually quite high - it's a bit grainy in places but this *is* a series of 30 years ago!!

If you want your childhood memories back of watching it in the summer holidays and you want something easy for you as an adult and any children you may have, this is perfect. I recommend it.
on 24 January 2014
A great series this in the 90's, bought for the niece as I get sick of the crap cartoons that the BBC and ITV seem to be showing the kids today, empty soulless crap most of the stuff today and what a theme tune lol.

If you are looking for a cartoon with hours of moral,funny and thoughtful characters and stories for the kids to learn some manners and history, then this series rules.
on 4 September 2013
I used to love dogtanian as a child and now my six year old loves it. She is fascinated by the muskahound's adventures.
on 12 April 2014
At only £10 this DVD set is a bargain. I bought it for my 6 year old son as I remembered enjoying it as a kid.

It terms of value for money you can't go wrong. The only downside is that you may have the theme tune stuck in your head for days after watching each episode.
on 11 December 2014
My Son really loved this box set I bought for his birthday, and it was a real trip down memory lane for me and the hubby too if you want to introduce your kids to an absolute classic then I would really recommend this to you. Or buy it for the nostalgia value alone.