• Loki

Loki
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.07

on 6 December 2013
I won't lie, I found this book because, like a lot of people, a certain actor in a certain film has made the collective female population a lot more interested in the God of Mischief. I can, however, say that this book has completely changed my interest in Norse mythos from a passing fandom for Tom Hiddleston into something I definitely want to explore more of. Even though the book is mostly about Loki's role in the lead up to Ragnarok you find so much other of the other Asgardian's personalities and histories in the novel. Freya and Thor have decent sized roles in the book, as do Balder and Tyr. I was a little sad that Sigyn and Angrboda, Loki's lovers, didn't have much of a place in the book despite their important roles in two events of his life, but if you read the other book by this author your need for some substance to Loki's giantess lover will be sated.

My only criticism would be that there are obvious deviations from the myths. A few chapters start with an honest telling of the story, but the author then goes on to completely change it in the following chapter which is a little hard to follow at times.
on 9 January 2013
Great Book, Only downside is it can drag a little bit in places but stick with it, it will be worth it in the end.
on 17 December 2012
Well written and engrossing take on Norse mythology .I really enjoyed it and will seek out more by this author
on 8 August 2016
It was okay. Its perfectly fine prose, but I didn't feel the magic of the lore, when I read it.
on 3 May 2014
Great read and I would recommend to all fans of the Thor films - I could picture them all :)
on 19 July 2013
This is a novel written by an expert on Norse myth. It's both a fascinating take on classic mythology and a great read. Loki is depicted with all his faults but is also amazingly sympathetic. The story of the events leading up to Ragnarok is both compelling and sad. Most of all is that the gods are depicted as flawed beings who make mistakes.

Loki fans will love this, but so will any fan of Norse myth. Vasich is a first class writer.
on 1 June 2013
This was a great book. I love classic mythology and this book as a new take and interpretation on these myths was a very clever read. I read the whole book within a matter of days as I could not put the book down!

I will certainly be looking for more books by this author!
on 24 March 2013
Unfortunatly in the Northern trads Loki is hated & feared, some of us love him as we accept without Loki the Northern Mythology cant exist, a very good little read to keep you up on work nights :)
on 4 March 2015
A mix of myth and fiction, interesting
on 18 July 2013
Absolutely amazing. Detailed and brings the whole story to life with the descriptions and the way the story is told. Norse Mythology at its best.