on 23 February 2014
The sound quality and versatility of this machine are amazing. Great with ipod, superb FM and digital radio, and last but not least, excellent internet radio so I can listen to French and German radio stations in high quality sound. Very portable, goodlooking and solidly built. Occasionally the touch volume control is haphazard and sometimes it displays "no signal" but then proceeds to play the radio station. Buffering is very fast, easily as good as most internet stuff on a laptop.
I would highly recommend this excellent product (especially at the £70 I was lucky enough to buy it for)
on 19 June 2013
Being the very proud owner of a Pure 2xt DAB radio, when my Intempo RDI iPod dock stopped working In November 2011 I was really excited to see that Pure had brought out an iPod dock.
I purchased this one from Amazon and was initially delighted withit.

However, in Jan 2012 it developed a fault and I returned it for a replacement. The replacement unit has also developed a fault and won't play my iPod - it recognises it is there and even recognises what tune it is playing but keeps connecting and disconnecting and not playing the song. My iPod works well in other docks but this dock has the same fault with my son's iPod.

There are a number of things I dislike about this dock other than the fact that both units have failed - the touch buttons are hideous to use, the display is too bright. The display does have a function to go off after 7 seconds- but if it is set to this mode then it is almost impossible to do anything with the machine (change channels etc) as the display switches off before you have finished - very frustrating. The display comes back on after a couple of hours - so if you dim it to go to sleep, it will switch back on in the middle of the night. As it is so bright I found myself always propping a drink mat in front of the display to hide the light - and then having to fumble with the drink mat in the night if I needed to see the time.
As others have said the unit is very slow to power on and change mode too - I could live with that in the knowledge it was saving power if the rest worked well.
The lowest volume setting isn't very low if you are listening to the radio next to your bed and trying to drift off to sleep, but the sound quality is excellent.

So, a frustrated customer who is disappointed with something I was really pleased with initially. Amazon apologised they were not able to replace the faulty unit at the moment and offered a refund - I was delighted!
on 17 December 2012
This DAB / FM / internet radio is a good product. The wi-fi connected internet radio is brilliant which takes a couple of minutes to set-up. List of radio stations available is awesome.

However, I'm only giving the product 4 stars because the iPod docking unit firmware corrupted (iPod touch and Nano couldn't be recognised or played) despite attempted recovery through the upgrade option. Contacted Pure's technical support and they agreed to exchange the unit for free (Amazon were out of stock and only offered a refund).
on 21 November 2012
Was looking at a whole host of iPod docks with DAB and despite this being much cheaper (especially at recent price reduction!) I found this unit to give the crispest and well-formed sound. 32 RMS output is easily loud enough to fill a room and does not distort until you get to way too loud levels anyway. DAB reception is good but had to extend ariel for best reception. IPod classic latest generation sits in dock with no adapter required. Looks great as well but still portable to move around the house if desired. The only issue I have is that I cannot rate any iPod tracks using the otherwise handy remote. The menu is choosable but cannot work out way to add rating stars to a track. But that's my only gripe so would definitely recommend this dock, especially for DAB/internet radio lovers.
on 19 January 2013
Have this in my kitchen - possibly one of the best buys i have made. Very loud and perfect sound quality internet radio and DAB pick up perfect signal and display station and song details. Radio also looks fantastic. The ipod connector is another great feature i mainly just plug my iphone in to listen to my music and charge my phone when i am in the kitchen.
on 10 July 2013
When Pure used the Lounge as its system for your preset stations on internet radio it worked OK and I had lots of favourites to call on. Since they introduced Pure Connect it will not work, all favourites have disappeared and virtually all internet stations now cannot be found and produce the legend "station not available" The radio is now just a very very expensive DAB radio, it is not the fault of the internet or connections but of Pure themselves as Tunein Pro radio works a treat on my I pod touch and phone so I would never buy another Pure product, get a cheaper make and download Tunein Pro (its less than £2.) for your internet listening.
on 14 June 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present for my wife. The sound quality is excellent and it looks great. It's sometimes struggle to pick up the wifi and that can be frustrating. Overall delighted with this product.
on 19 April 2012
When I first unpacked my PURE Contour I was concerned that it would not play tracks from my iPhone 4 as it seemed to be connecting intermittantly. After setting up the WiFi connection, it wanted to update a number of bits of firmware and software, but it seemed to get stuck while it was doing this. After turning off the power and re-starting, the updates seemed to work at the second attempt each time. Once it was happy that it was up to date, the iPhone 4 worked fine.

Now I am happy with it and think it looks and sounds good. My only niggle is that it is a bit slow to turn on/off and change source.
on 15 August 2013
I bought this after many reviews

a really really nice sound. I even had it pumped into a tv to play vids from iphone at one point

playing rfom my home network the mp3 too into the kitchen over wifi
on 14 January 2013
I bought this primarily as a radio clock for the bedroom and found that the sound quality is good enough for even a large room. The iPod dock feels a little flimsy but works very well. Apart from that slight niggle I can't fault it.