Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Fitbit

on 18 March 2014
I had a mobee charger pack for a number of years and as a result, of course, it eventually came to the point where the battery just wasn't holding charge.

I realised I would have to replace the battery pack.

I saw the battery pack on amazon for a staggering £24 and thought, surely there must be a cheaper way?
Here is how:

So I decided to open up the battery pack - using a standard precision screwdriver set - and the Torx T-4 within that set (They really are cheap - 8 In 1 Precision Star Torx Screwdriver Set Kit) I unscrewed the two screws visible in the picture of this item (on top of the battery pack)
After lifting of the casing on top I removed the two unbranded AAA rechargeables and replaced them with two (Duracell Rechargeable Accu HR03 950 mAh AAA Batteries--4-Pack) 950 mAh AAA batteries.
Then I screwed the casing back together put it on charged until the green light of the charger stopped blinking.

In summary this is incredible battery life (950 mAh rather than 800mAh this battery offers) for under £3 Brilliant!
55 Comments| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 November 2011
My only quibble with this Battery Pack is that it does not comfortably fit into the Magic Mouse, hence the 4* awarded. I've tried every way to get the 'pack' it 'locked' in to the mouse, but this has proved impossible. Having said that, the pack works well. We now have two such packs plus the one charger and we alternate the charging as and when required. Both packs hold the charge well. Although only awarded 4*, I'd still say that this is an excellent product overall.
on 24 November 2012
My previous Mobee battery pack stopped working after my son messed about with it. This replacement one fitted the mouse easily, previous one needed a bit of encouragement and reshaping, vast improvement on fit. I love the fact its fit and forget, charge over night and its ready for quite a few more days use, far better than having to remove batteries to charge. Wouldn't go back to AA batteries, didn't even no they sold the pack without the charger, great product and a fairly reasonable price.
on 19 November 2016
This device is great if you don't have a 2nd generation Magic Mouse that charges via a lightning cable. I actually prefer this mouse over the 2nd gen. Why? Because you insert the battery pack into the mouse and simply place the mouse on the pad ... and voila it charges. Super easy! With the 2nd gen. mouse you still have to put the mouse on its side and plug in the cable. No too cumbersome, but Mobee found a better solution! Cudos to Mobee!
on 24 February 2016
Great product when you first receive it and then the mouse starts disconnecting without any reason. After messing about with it a bit - I realised that the batteries are barely touching the connections so it turns off. Putting tin foil between the connections got it to work for a bit but either they fell out or got stuck so pretty impractical.
on 9 August 2013
I bought this pack as part of the mobee charger from the Apple Store. Although many have experienced trouble there is a 'nac' of getting to seat right into the mouse. It is a good idea as I found removing the plate from the Magic Mouse fiddly. With this I don't have to remove the batteries ever.
on 16 June 2014
If they used better quality components I would not need to buy a spare just when the batteries are at there finished life span where the pack clips in after a while the metal? cracks and no longer stays in the mouse but other than that it works really well.
on 4 March 2015
Although the Mobee battery pack is a bit fragile in use, with the tab that fits under the mouse clip being vulnerable to breakage, the usefulness of this device makes it a must-have for magic mouse users. You need to have the charger unit, of course.
on 22 October 2015
Bought the Mobee Battery Pack to replace my old Battery pack for my Apple Magic Mouse. Good bargain saved me a big hole in my wallet for the complete Mobee Magic Charger. Recommend if you need a replacement battery for your Apple Magic Mouse.
on 15 February 2016
It works. Ordering was simple, delivery was on time as expected, and my mouse has a new lease of life. You can get cheaper alternatives including using ordinary rechargeable batteries if you pull the flat battery pack to bits.