on 11 November 2014
If you judge the crate purely on the guage of wire used (4mm), then it'd get 5 stars.

However, there are issues:

- There's no thought to the design in the sense that the door open outwards so you can't leave it open without taking up a whole lot more space. Other crates have the up and over design which means you can leave it open.

- Doors do not close smoothly - bit of pushing/shoving involved

- the metal tray has a sharp edge - if you use a mat with rounded corners, this could potentially hurt your dog

- the supplied bed has rounded edges and is ridiculously thin.

The thick wire makes this really heavy too - not a criticism, just to make you aware.
on 12 January 2017
We'd tried pretty much everything to stop one of our dogs being destructive... this was one of our last resorts... we thought that as he was in cage with his mum / brothers & sisters that he might feel more secure, less fretful in a cage and it seems to have worked. The cage itself is very sturdy and has 2 openings, side and front (depending on how you look at it)... this is an xx large cage and it more than big enough for our 2 dogs - 1 large & 1 medium sized.
on 6 April 2017
I've got 3 cages for my Alan Scott am bulldogs,which are guard dogs,and go nuts if you go near them,headbutting the side etc etc, buy clips for the front and back panels,(2 clips both sides & top, 6 for front, 6 for back)both doors need them too,it's still the best I've bought by far,the other black wire cages for sale are for pets,the welding breaks,one dog ate thru the wire in a week,stick to ellie bo cages but buy small clips for sides and doors
review image
on 19 November 2016
Highly Recommended. Very well made.
Had for several months now. Have a large breed and she settles fine in it.
We'll probably only use while she's a real puppy as despite being biggest crate, will be quite restrictive for her, when she's fully grown.
Now bought two of these as use one when travelling and one at home. Our dog loves it. She feels secure and is happy to go in and out during the day.
on 18 March 2015
I bought this crate in the largest size available for my bullmastiff and it is great! I'm happy with the size and quality of it. It was easy to build and easy to clean. I could not live without this crate. The best purchase you will make for your pup. I recommend getting a better mattress for it tho. The one that comes with it is very thin and I did not use it all. My dog loves memory foam so I put that in with a cover on top. Perfect!
on 28 November 2010
Black big and heavy - Can sometimes jam itself together as you unfold it so make sure you try to avoid doing this in confined spaces. Locks are sufficient but take a bit of manipulation to line the retainer with the slider. Metal base tray can be slid out but you need the space for that also. Can be noisy as dog walks on metal tray - Nothing that could not be expected with this type of material and you are not paying top dollar for it. Overall - Does the job, Puppy took to it straight away and has plenty of room for plastic bed, stretching area and water bowl + a space to relieve itself if kept in it too long - it does happen!!. We bought a large cage for a puppy with the intention that it will use it when it is older as well. It is great for when you cannot keep your eye on the puppy and live in an open planned area. Sheepskin bed should not be used if you have a non house trained dog/puppy - Newspaper is better. bed is not very thick and you will require an alternative bedding if you are even slightly concerned about comfort. Save it for later or buy it without.
on 3 August 2017
VERY POOR !!!!! I rarely review but I'm very disappointed with this item. It is poorly constructed and one of the doors is impossible to open - due to the actual structure being out of alignment. I do not have time to return it because I'm housing another dog today. I have two other XXL savic crates which are double the price but well worth the money. I have purchased many crates over the years and recommend that any potential buyers look elsewhere !
on 11 February 2017
It's very big and heavy, perfect for my German Shepherd. blanket is very nice, my dog loves it. not 5 stars only cause is not extra strong.. my dog managed to bent it within few days, he's only 9 month old. Otherwise very good
on 24 December 2015
REALLY strong cage.We have an excitable Giant Schnauzer in one.Couple of inches bigger than the last XXL cages we had.VERY heavy--a woman would probably not be able to carry one far!!!!Excellent service and price.Have since bought two more cages from Ellie-Bo.
on 24 March 2015
Just bought for our new dog and it works great. Easy to set up and the fleece inside is a nice touch for the puppy.