Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 8 October 2016
This item comes in three pieces, well protected in its retail packaging.

First of all, it is very shiny. Black with the plug sockets detailed in white-nothing too garish though.

It is very easy to figure out how it goes together but there's a 'user manual sheet' included in the box. Others have mentioned to make sure that all of the power cable slots are lined up properly although I'd imagine that it would be obvious if you've lined it all up incorrectly. My only issue was in clicking it all together-at first it didn't want to co-operate but with a bit of force it all clicked together. Because the plug sockets are angled at 45 degrees you should be able to accommodate most power supplies with transformer type plugs. This has 2 sockets at a 90 degree angle placed at the bottom of the tower so even the clunkiest of power supplies should plug in without getting in the way of the next plug up. There are 2 'cable tidies' on one side of the tower but I can't see them being much good if I'm honest.

I like that the power button is flush with the top of the tower and the power on/surge lights aren't too bright.
on 2 February 2014
Wish i had discovered this unit before I purchased the flat horizontal units. Very nice unit with suitable build quality. Most things are plastic now, but this should be durable enough under normal use ( not sure how normal use would put any physical stress on unit) .
In use for almost 10 months and has worked perfectly throughout.
The on-off switch is very cleverly designed. It is no longer a rocker switch design which one could accidentally knock into the off position, and was very frustrating. The new design of on-off switch is flush with the top surface. This means that one has to depress it down with the end of ones finger and it is highly unlikely to be pressed accidentally.

Overall - a very nice unit
on 29 May 2017
Does what it's suppose to, i use surge protectors on all my expensive electricals and gadgets for extra peace of mind in protecting my equipment. A surge protector is a must have product in my opinion if you value your expensive electricals as much as i do. I like the tower shape as requires less floor space, i also like i can neatly place all cables down on one side in the cable holder. I also like it has a surge operational indicator light so you know when it's no longer working/protecting your equipment, i don't get the ones which don't have a surge operational indicator light as with those ones you never are going to know if it is or is still protecting your equipment, this one does have a surge operational indicator light so you know when it's no longer protecting your equipment from electrical surges which for me is a must on a surge protector. I own three of these and all still working few year later. Would recommend.
on 10 December 2016
I bought this with my own money and notwithstanding this I have posted an honest impartial review. This is the third one of these that I have bought and all work well. I like Masterplug stuff and feel I can buy it confident that it will be well made and durable. Although tall the base is broad enough to provide stability.
on 18 August 2017
as expected - good quality, good size and does the job
on 21 September 2017
Good masterplug
on 18 July 2017
Very useful
on 3 August 2017
very usefull works well
on 26 August 2015
Straightforward no nonsense from Masterplug!
on 18 January 2015