on 12 March 2014
This is the 3rd in the series and while I did not enjoy it as much as the first 2, it is still a solid 3.5 stars.

I do like the whole "girl next door been in love with the hunk for years" thing and her finally getting her man.

It had quite a lot going on, Kate and Todd and Todd's realisation as to what and who Kate could mean to him. I think the addition of the "villain" was unnecessary, other than a contrived way to make the hero realise how much the heroine means to him. And the villain is obvious as soon as they appeared.

It ended rather abruptly after the inevitable "I Love You's" and as this was at 85% on my kindle, I turned the page expecting an epilogue or just a bit more, but there wasn't, which was disappointing.
One person found this helpful
on 11 October 2011
Kate's shop "Kate's Cakes"was a big success Kate made everything herself from scratch and that seemed to be the secret. Todd Wyatt firefighter liked Kate he loved to tease her she was like a sister, he always hit her for a free cup cake, except he didn't do that so much now not since they had kissed at the hen night for his brother's fiancee. Kate had a crush on Todd for as long as she could remember, but Todd was a bed hopper he moved from one woman to the next with frightening frequency. Out of the blue Todd asks Kate out to dinner, excited and not knowing what to think she accepts, Todd getting second thoughts decides to keep it friendly, so during dinner he asks her to help him with a receipe he could learn as he wants to impress a girl he is interested in. Kate is furious and the atmosphere during the rest of dinner is thick with tension. Seeing Kate to her door he apologises and explains it was not true there was no girl to impress. When Kate asks him why he just kisses her then tells her he is bad boyfriend material.
This is the third title in the series and for me it was the best of the three. This time there was a little more plot and character depth, as usual the sex was scorching hot and passionate. I just loved the way Kate got under Todd's skin so he found it difficult to think straight. A highly satisfying read.
One person found this helpful
on 17 January 2012
I pretty much was hooked with Shelli's writing style since I read Dangerous Grounds. So far I have read several of her novels. I like this story. She doesn't make cliche of her characters and the sub-plot add more to the novel. There is a lot of sense of humor on it in both situation and the actual lines.Keep writing more like this please.
on 10 October 2014
I've enjoyed this series so far but this isn't the best. Although Kate and Todd have known each other for a while, I didn't get the same chemistry leaping from the page with them as I did with the other couples. There were also one or two typos that were missed which was a bit annoying.