At Last - The Best Of
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 28 June 2014
I was really looking forward to playing this cd and before it arrived "At Last" had been swimming around in my head for a couple of days. It was a let down because I did not know this was an "OLD" Etta James, and not the originals I was expecting. It is not the best. But it is not the worst either. These are "live" recordings and one can imagine low lights, a smoky atmosphere and a singer of a certain age sitting next to the very accomplished pianist. It is mood music and I think it will grow on me.
There are some wonderful songs, and Etta James gives her own interpretation. In all honesty, you will have to be a fan to really enjoy this album.
on 11 February 2012
When i first bought this cd i wrote a review saying i thought it was a bit boring but i have since changed my mind.I have it on the background when reading and i find the more i listen to it the more i want to.There are some i hadn't heard before and a few i know well,so it's a good mix of songs from through her career.Also the quality on some of the songs is lower than others but for the price pretty is reasonable.
on 6 January 2013
This is a collection of some really outstanding performances of some standards and blues songs. The sound is really excellent considering the very cheap price. The bands are top class with some excellent sax and trumpet playing. She does a live version of AT LAST that breathes new life into her well worn song. 16 tracks in all makes this a real bargain. A must for any aspiring female jazz singer. Bought for one of my talented young singing pupils.
on 17 April 2012
I guess I never really knew who Etta James was until her death was reported - however, as soon as I heard her voice singing `At Last' I knew I had to buy some of the music I recognised. I was not disappointed. One of the Greats as gone, but luckily, we still have her music to remember her by.
on 11 March 2014
One of the great singers who is sadly neglected these days. Her voice and interpretation of these great songs are top quality.
on 19 April 2017
Good album
on 10 March 2013
The tunes are timeless, the voice is great, and the recording quality is surprisingly good.

Happy to recommend this album to fans or those exploring Etta's music
on 10 November 2017
Great album!
on 18 September 2013
Another gift for my husband, Who just loves to hear Etta sing. He said this CD was really a good one of hers.
on 14 April 2015