Colour Name: Metallic Blue|Change

on 28 August 2012
Colour Name: Metallic Pink|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Putting the clichés to one side, the first thing you notice about this stapler is its weight and smoothness of function. This is not a cheap plastic stapler, but a well-designed, strong and beautiful piece of office equipment. Over the years I have used many staplers and this one oozes sheer quality. Leitz have a winner here. This Leitz stapler used 26/6 or 24/6 staples (typical office staples).

Five stars. Highly recommended.
Leitz Nexxt Series Stapler 5502

Not quite sure how to enthuse about a stapler ... but here goes.

The Leitz Nexxt Series Stapler is a solid piece of office equipment, practical with the added bonus of looking good. The body is made of metal in a beautiful metallic pink with white plastic trimmings. The stapler feels good and fits the hand
comfortably. Quite a heavy machine which instantly fills you with confidence as to its use ... 20 to 30 sheets of paper (depending on the thickness) stapled with ease. I used this stapler for a full afternoon to staple together groups of papers in my filing cabinet, not once did the machine jam or bend a staple which for an office stapler is a real bonus.

So to sum up, the 'Leitz Nexxt Series Stapler 5503', looks good, feels good and is good at its job, plus it comes with a ten year guarantee ... can't be bad!
Colour Name: Metallic Pink|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a Quality stapler, have only ever purchased the cheaper stapler in the passed and have found they work fine for a while then clog up, bend the staples and soon need replacing.

First impression of the Leitz is weight and build quality, a very Sturdy metal stapler.

Loading very straight forward, doesn't use a spring to hold the staples like the others I have used, this has an arm that does the same job.

Has a 10 year guarantee, not sure how you would remember in 10 years if it started to play up, but still very impressive

Has an integrated Staple remover which is brill, saves having to hunt one down.

Great colour, my wife loves it on her desk, she's given me her old cheap stapler.

Great item.
on 14 April 2015
This stapler is the best I have ever owned. Plus it really will staple 30 sheets of paper, (tried it three times). That is so thick that the staples just have enough of the arm left to fold over at the back.

I do not know if it staples so well because of the design (more later) or the good quality Leitz staples it comes with (I will for sure buy Leitz staples in future). But I can say I have not had a single stapling failure with this unit.

You can see in the Amazon picture that the stapler top seems to sit in a cradle (the "walls" rising up from the base at the back of the base). This may be what helps with the "30 sheet" spec, the disadvantage is the shorter reach of the stapler arm. For me this is rarely going to be a problem as all my stapling is in the top corner or say 1 cm in down the side. You just need to be aware of it is all.
VINE VOICEon 25 August 2012
Colour Name: Metallic Pink|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is certainly a stapler that shouts quality and looks great. A vibrant pink and white with smooth lines and although it is quite weighty that just adds to the durable and solid feel of the stapler. I have tried it with a large number of sheets [120 plus] and it easily managed this so the 30 quoted certainly seems achievable. The weight and rubber feet means it stays in position and that makes stapling very secure; it also feels like it is built to last and that is backed by the 10 year guarantee. The only slight negative is the staple remover on the bottom of the stapler that I found to be inefficient and unwieldy to use although it seemed a nice idea. The box set comes with 200 x 24/6 staples to get you started that was useful for me when trying it out. It is probably slightly more than you would normally pay but I would say it is a worthwhile investment if you have a work environment where stapling multiple copies is regulalrly necessary; the administrator at work is already itching to use it for the annual reports next month!
on 3 November 2015
I'm loathe to award 5 stars to any stapler. My experience with staplers, regardless of price, is that little thought goes into design and even less into quality control. They work for a week or two and then comes broken springs, jammed staples and lots of swearing. This Leitz model has potential to break the mould. I've had it a few weeks now and it still works. I have had a jam but it was easily cleared. So far so good and it looks nice too.
VINE VOICEon 22 August 2012
Colour Name: Metallic Pink|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
If there's such a thing as a funky stapler, this is it. Solid build, quite a heft to it, and a great colour (if you like metallic pink, that is) And it staples!

The white bits are plastic, but not flimsy. The spring mechanism inside is unusual - single metal leaf which winds around a roller, rather than the usual coiled metal spring. Stapling feels precise - this feels as if it will last well. Comfortable to use. As another reviewer has mentioned, the inbuilt staple remover isn't the greatest, but all in all a nice bit of kit - and way more fun than the average stapler.

That's pretty much all I can think of to say - in the end, it staples, and it's pink. I like it.
on 4 May 2016
A replacement for my trusty Rexel stapler of some 30 years, alas their current products are not up to scratch (chinese build). I will not be the end user, so I hope the wife will like it, not cheap but it has excellent reviews.
on 6 July 2015
needed this urgently for work purposes, arrived the next day and is far better quality than the previous staplers I'd brought from reputable big stores for work, I've always previously struggled to staple anything more than 15 pages, this does that many as though there's only a couple of pages. highly recommended.
on 30 November 2014
It's hard to get excited about a stapler, admittedly, but this IS a good one. It's weighty and staples perfectly every time, no unpicking jammed staples from the end or cracked plastic casing with this one. I'm confident it really will last through its 10 year guarantee.

it's also not a bad looking thing to have on your desk and the range of colours livens things up a lot.

See one answered question