on 3 February 2015
Have been taking one teaspoon mixed with a small amount of fresh orange for about two weeks. My night sweats seem to have reduced, but a longer trial will provide better evidence. I have had better sleep too. Feeling better in myself (perhaps due to better sleep) again a longer trial needed. No side effects yet. Hoping that this will ease my perimenopause symptoms. So far so good.
Taste not good in water but Ok in orange.
on 30 January 2015
Half a teaspoon a day really helped clear my skin and regulate my cycle. No bloating and spots for the first time ever! It is a pale mustard coloured powder which smells of butterscotch. Sadly it doesn't taste how it smells! It tastes quite earthy. I put it in a green smoothie every day and it's fine, the other ingredients hide the flavour.
on 7 October 2015
I am just getting used to maca root, have been using in smoothies and it adds a mild sort of butterscotchy flavour, blends in well. Also good in things like rice crispie treats or date and seed bites. Very fine powder that blends in well.
on 8 August 2012
Great product! Tastes great, blends nicely into smoothies, and is organic... if you're after maca powder, this one is easily recommendable.
on 28 May 2015
If you can stomach the smell and taste this product would be great. I personally couldn't - opted for the tablet capsules instead! Like the other reviews, I would recommend starting on a relatively small dose and working your way up to the recommended daily dosage. I experienced severe headaches upon first using
on 8 December 2015
I've been using this for a few years now to help with the menopause. It's completely natural but sure does work. I don't have any hot flushes or the other usual menopause symptoms. Recommended if you want a natural hormonal remedy.
on 16 October 2015
This was for me, the Holy Grail. At last I have found relief from hot flushes etc. Only problem, it does taste revolting. However, I would not let this put me off as the benefits far outweigh the taste. So glad I gave this a try, as previously I had tried all sorts with no luck. This is definitely my miracle product.
on 9 February 2015
Def start small and work your way up. I started with the full heaped tsps and I def felt the effects. Emotions all over the place, crying randomly for no reason, ha. Tasty in rice milk, coffee or smoothies x
on 10 January 2016
Taking this Maca powder in my morning smoothie has been transformational. I had been tired and fatigued but my energy levels are great now, and generally feel more balanced. I also have the capsules for travelling and when I can't make a smoothie. Good packaging too that's easily reasealable.
on 7 November 2015
Been taking this for almost 2 months now, It's amazing I add to my morning smoothie, At first didn't really like the taste & smell but together with 1 tbsp of coconut oil kinda helps. Also works with my hypothyroidism,Maca balance my hormone,tiredness and give me plenty enegy.