on 2 October 2013
Quick delivery and I can now place logs on my burner, instead of throwing them on. Only one small gripe. They are very big for my medium size hands. Still, they do the job.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 January 2014
What a truly brilliant purchase! I noticed these amazing gloves last year and the only negative thing I have to say is that the seller will only ship domestically and ignored my request to send me a pair outside of the UK. I kept looking but could not find anything remotely similar in quality or shape. After burning my hand and wrist badly one more time, with my short oven glove, I finally placed the order and had them sent to a friend in Scotland who then forwarded them to me.

The gauntlet shape is the reason you can literally put your hands in the fire. The gloves are made of tough but soft suede leather and are lined with the softest fur-type material. You also get two (a right and a left) for the price, which is not common. They fit a variety of hands and look really beautiful near the logs. The price is also very good and, happily, no more burns!
on 15 January 2014
Functional for the job intended.
Only downside is the sizing. I have fairly large hands for a woman but the gloves are still a little loose so would benefit from perhaps having a range of small, medium and large sizes.
Otherwise great value for money overall.
on 19 May 2014
I think that everyone has already stated how good these gloves are for your log burning stoves/fires, however, I got mine for the BBQ. I love the gauntlet effect as there is great protection when leaning over the barbie to turn over the meats (we are fairly numerous in the family). I can idle as much as I want over the coals without a care. Also me and my eldest son like our potatoes crisped in the coal itself - not a problem........pick them up, place in coals, turn them, remove from coals - job done.
on 1 January 2015
These gloves are ... a blessing! the best gloves I have had since we bought a woodburner 20 years ago.
I always used kitchen gauntlets (mittens for the oven) but they have never been fully satisfactory.
This time, at last, I've got the best ever ever gloves, sturdy, efficient and easy to use. How wonderful! Since I got them in the post (speedy delivery!), I've been using them every day to deal with logs and my woodburner. Ok, I admit I may sound over enthusiastic but I am just SO pleased with them!
If you have to deal with logs and woodburner, these gloves are exactly what you need. Don't hesitate and get yourself a pair.
on 10 June 2014
These gloves are great!

I'm 6 foot 3 and these gloves fit me perfectly. I had my hand literally in a fire adjusting wood and couldn't feel any heat at all I'm amazed at how well they work. They also feel of substantial quality, the material is thick but soft and seems to be well stitched but time will tell.

Definitely recommend these although if you're of small build they will be quite big on you.
on 27 May 2014
Bought these for my brother to use when he moved into a new house and found the stove to be burning hot.

Sifted through various Amazon reviews which warned against buying gimmicky "manly" looking gloves which gave poor protection. Believe the positive reviews for these - my brother loves them and has been using them to keep the fire burning on cold nights in the living room!
on 9 January 2014
Cheaper version than I had before but do the job OK not quite so pliable as my more expensive ones that were accidentally left on top of the wood burner to get nice and stiiff and crispy. Also good for brambles and weeding nettles etc
on 15 March 2013
These make tending our open fire so much safer and more pleasant. I would by these a hundred times again expect they seem so well made I won't have to
on 2 December 2015
Very good gloves. I am able to pick up and move red hot coals (don't hold them for too long though!) and can place my logs exactly as I want without fear of burnt hands. The gauntlet goes quite far up my arm and gives confidence when sticking my arm in he wood burning stove.