on 7 July 2015
This is a good item, it feels sturdy and of good quality. I was concerned that being telescopic that the scratcher head would twist and turn around in use, this isn't the case, everytime I use it the scratching part stays in the position I place it in. It's not very sharp, but in my book that's a good thing, it's effective enough to give a good scratch without causing scratch marks on the skin, I wouldn't want the prongs to be too sharp as that could cause injury. I have various health conditions and an on a lot of medication as a result, this results in quite itchy skin at times and this comes in handy as it allows me to scratch with ease without being too rough. I also have a hairdye allergy (a recent development) and my scalp has been excruciatingly itchy and before I got this scratcher I was using my nails to relieve the itch which resulted in cuts and sore areas, I am now using this so as to avoid further aggressive scratching.
My only gripe is that the product I got was blue and I really did want the black in the picture, and the item description did not state that colours may vary. Also it was described as having a belt clip on it, which it doesn't and that was a feature that would have been handy for me when out and about. Delivery was very quick
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 October 2015
My previous extendable 'scratcher' of different manufacture stopped extending after a short while and I am hopeful that this problem will not befall this new purchase, which looks good, extends as advertised, seems well made and does a good job. My wife is pleased as I no longer have to ease any back itches by a 'pig like' rub against our bedroom door frame.
on 6 March 2016
Works well but I ordered two and both are already broken. Also, the head swivels to the opposite side. I expected this to be a little more stiff for the extra money you pay for it.

Overall, dissapointed!
on 3 September 2014
The fact that they are telescopic makes them an ideal back scratcher. Although one word of warning. They are made of metal so don't go mad and use a lot of force as they will land up injuring you. But all together they are one of the best back scratcher I have had. Would recommend them,
on 15 March 2013
This is great for getting at those hard to reach areas of your back for a good old scratch. I bought one for each of my kids as a stocking filler and they loved it. Just be wary about it being left on the floor though, if you stand on it you'll know about it!
on 8 September 2012
Firstly, the product I received differs from that used to advertise the product - there is no black handle.

Secondly, the quality of this product is very poor, the retractable handle makes it incredibly flimsy for scratching lower parts of your back, and my back scratcher broke the first time I used it.

I would not buy this product again due to the poor quality and unsubstantial nature of the product.
on 27 April 2013
Apparently the best back scratcher my friend has ever had. So I bought her another, one for downstairs and one for upstairs
on 25 July 2014
My wonderful partner bought me one of these a couple of years ago and it's one of the best gifts I've ever received!!

It is so wonderful that I bought myself two more, though those are less sturdy than this one, and this means I can keep one on my desk, one by my bed and one in my bag! I only have a tiny bag so this one is a little too big for the bag at 200mm / 8 inches long. However it takes pride of place on my desk and it's no understatement to say it's improved my life!

The teeth are just the right balance between scratchy and smoothly rounded enough not to do any damage. The handle offers some grip and comfort.

The telescopic action is useful for keeping it compact and out of the way when not in use, then extending to get to those hard to reach bits.

It's a shame another reviewer reports being sent a different product, and I hope they sent it back. Mine is exactly like the one pictured and I can't fault it. As I mentioned I have two other more lightweight versions that are also available onn Amazon and much cheaper, but this one is quality!
on 23 April 2012
Bought this as a gift for a friend about a year ago and they have used it all the time twas a great idea and it works really well however it has just broken..! but would probably buy another one.
on 23 March 2015
I expected this to be a little flimsy with the telescopic handle extended but I was wrong. Plenty strong enough for a good hard scratch.