Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

on 24 April 2013
Delivery by the seller was excellent - it arrived within 3 days. Order on Saturday and arrived on the Wednesday.

I've been wanting to install one on my commuter/utility bike, but it wasnt until my wife bought her new dutch buke that I actually bought the twin pack - purely so that the four keys fit either lock and interchangeable. I've had these locks on bikes when I was a child so I knew the basics in its fitting to the bike. Go on Youtube and you will find videos on fixing these locks.

My main lock is an Abus Xplus chain lock which I attach and lock the front wheel and frame to a fixed object. The Abus 4850 locks the rear wheel as its permanently fixed. I also bought the Abus Amparo Cable - Black, 100cm that can be attached to the 4850 and run this through my brooks saddle and where possible to a fixed object. I've fitted the 4850 within the rear frame triangle of the bike. This way even if the bad guys were to remove the lock from the bike frame or even cut the cable, they would still not be able to remove the rear wheel as the Abus 4850 would still be locked to the wheel and unable to be passed through the rear fork.

Remember this lock should not be your main lock to your bike but could pass as your secondary locking system when used with a 10mm (preferably 12mm) thick cable leash or better yet security chain.
on 22 December 2015
Speedy delivery, well impressed. It took two days to come which I was very happy with. Unfortunately they will not Bolt on to my bike but I knew this when I bought them. So I have cable tied them to my frame. This works really well and is also very stable, it doesn't wobble and still works just as well. They are pretty wide so this product would work on MTB bikes or other thick tyres. On this middle you can unlock it and take the key out but the little push bar will not go down. This means you can take the keys away when it is unlocked and nobody can lock your bike either on purpose or accidentally. I wouldn't rely on these lock but are good as added security. If a THEIF looked at a line of bikes and seen that you have locked your bike AND have these TWO wheel locks, then they might walk on.

WHY BUY TWO LOCKS?

I bought two locks for two reasons: 1 if someone cut my bike lock a THEIF couldn't role my bike on one wheel to move it, they would have to cut at least one of the wheel locks so be able to role the bike.

2: like I said before, it looks good with two on. Makes it look like you are serious about security and your bike would be hard to get into.

I hope this helps anyone that is thinking about getting a set of these, I'm summary : I would fully recommend these to just give a bit more security.
on 3 July 2015
Good quality frame lock from a reputable company that has a very useful lug for attaching its associated chain. Ideally it should be fitted under the seat stays between them and the seat tube. Abus supply attachments separately to allow this and working out which is the best way needs thought. In my case I fitted it on top of the seat stays. This required fitting the wheels with Sphyke C3N wheel locks to prevent them just sacrificing the rear wheel. It ensures you always have a lock with you. Prior to purchase I did some research and could find nothing to the detriment of this Abus lock or Sphyke C3N wheel locks.
on 18 May 2014
This is the first time I have ever used this type of lock and so far I am pleased with it. I like how the lock is left on the bike so you can't lose it or forget it, and it is out of the way. It locks the rear wheel so they can't steal that either. These are for bikes that have the little welded on tabs that a bolt can go into and this does not come with any mounting hardware so make sure you order the correct ones. I have mine mounted with six Heavy Duty Nylon Cable Ties or nylon tie wraps, what ever you call them. Even if they cut the ties they can't remove the lock or the wheel from the bike. These are the ones you can remove the key when lock is open.

I live in the USA but ordered these from the UK just so I could get both locks keyed the same. And you can order the hardware from cantitoeroad.com I have seen only one bike with these locks since these are new to the USA.

These are also great for people who put their bikes on buses since you can lock the rear wheel, so if someone takes the bike off the bus they can't ride it away. They steal bikes off of buses. For added security I would still recommend a chain or a Ulock.
You'll like this lock, I do.
on 18 September 2014
Excellent lock, highly recommended - Like it very much - convenient and safe.