on 21 October 2015
Firstly, these connectors are NOT designed for cat6 solid core cable. They ARE designed for CAT6 stranded core cable. The solid core Cat6 cable has a slightly larger square area of the wires which makes getting the solid core cables very difficult to pass thru the load bar. However it can be done with a couple of little tricks.

I've made dozens of cables using these connectors with cat 6 solid core. I made the mistake also of purchasing 300m of the stuff so I was stuck with it.

The little tricks are as follows. You'll need a Stanley knife and a set of snipe nose(long nose) pliers and some very sharp snips(side cutters).
1. After put your boot on the cable and cut a length of the outer insulation off about 3 - 4". Grab the strands tight and pull the insulation even further back down the strands so it ruffles almost.
2. Get the twists out by straightening the wires then layout your colors in order, whether your doing 568A or B config, then cut them neatly.
3. Using a stanley knife, shave off a little of each wires insulation at the tip about 1/4" or 10mm, just to thin it out, feed each one of the wires thru the correct hole in the load bar so you have some wire to sticking out the other end.
4. Using your snipe nose pliers start pulling the wires thru the load bar while holding the load bar until you are approx 1" from the insulation.
5. Pull the ruffled insulation back up towards the load bar.
6. Using your sharp snips, cut a perfectly straight cut about 1-2mm from the load bar and booom!! your done.

I agree that they shouldn't be advertised as cat6 connectors.
on 14 April 2017
Bought these to make up some patch leads and also a lead from switch to computer. Out of a whole pack of these i had not one good reading from the tester. Bought some from screwfix and the first 2 out of the pack worked perfectly first time.
on 29 July 2017
If I could give 0 stars I would. Worst connectors ever. Do not crimp down. Used three different crimping tools as well as two experienced techs. Avoid. (Note the Outdoor Cat 6 cable I bought from Kenable is amazing - These connectors suck)
on 13 August 2017
too differcult to make cables
on 1 September 2017
Didn't fit over my cat6 cable. Teeth bite at odd angles and sometimes miss the wire all together. Pretty useless. Bought a cheap bag of plastic ones from my local pc shop in the end and they were far more reliable.
on 2 September 2017
Very good VFM
on 3 August 2014
I had never terminated an ethernet cable before but I bought these for some CAT6 home networking

Initially I found it impossible to thread the cat 6 into these until I discovered you should use the little plastic sleds supplied.
Even so I still found it incredibly difficult to get the wires into the sled. Having decided to dig out my decent tools from my tool bag life got a lot easier. Using a proper electric cable stripper, wire cutters, pliers and especially round nose pliers (for straightening and twisting the 8 strands together) I found it quite easy to terminate and crimp. The moral is use decent tools ! I used Schmitz pliers and a CK stripper and a cheapo crimper - (just use it for crimping not cutting or stripping). I recommend using round nose pliers, makes the job much easier. Now I can do a decent crimp in a couple of minutes
on 10 August 2013
I bought these shielded plugs as I also bought a shielded patch cable that need to be made into two. I have used the traditional RJ45 before what what makes these special is that they come in two parts. There is the shielded main body and also a guide to place all the wires. So instead of faffing about trying to get all 8 wires of equal lengths into the traditional body, you simply start with longer wires, put them all through the guide in their correct holes and then snip them clean on the other side. The guide now containing all the 8 wires in then inserted into the main body ready for crimping.
Job done!
on 10 December 2013
Item arrived quickly and looks reasonable build but the load bar was wrong size and will not negotiate the cat 6 cables, no reply by seller on requesting replacement. would not recommend.
on 29 April 2014
I could not make them work with the solid core CAT6 cable I got. Impossible to fit the individual wires into the the cable separator. Sending it back.