Customer reviews

on 7 December 2011
My wife has only used this twice and it's now refusing to hold a charge!
We will be sending this back but by the looks of previous feedback there appears to be a charging issue with this model.
on 19 January 2015
2 of the led's stopped working after 4 months and this was a replacement unit for the same fault. Avoid.
on 7 November 2011
Well, objectively this wee thing looks really good - small, ultra portable, nice looking and rechargeable.

Unfortunately there are a couple of issues...

1.) The light increase / decrease function does not work consistently. Sometimes the brightness level seems almost random.

2.) Takes forever to charge and depletes quite quickly...closer to 2-3 25 minute sessions rather than 5+.

3.) Charging bar goes from 2 bars (out of three) to dead, with nothing in between.

I'm not sure about the winter blues...maybe helps a bit, but it's quite hard to tell.
on 1 October 2011
I have found this a very effectice piece of equipment. It is very easy to use and is highly portable as it has its own rachargable battery. It can also be used diect from the mains. The strength of the light source can ve varied and it has a time for the length of treatment. I started using this equipment in September and have found it as effective as the large SAD light sources.
on 11 February 2013
Bought this light for my wife who suffers with SAD and as other reviews have stated, at first the light worked and some benefit was given.
After the SAD season, the light was re-packaged until the following year but when needed again, the unit would appear to have an electrical fault and we have been unable to turn the light on.
We contacted the makers to enquire about a new unit but none was given and we were told there is only a one year warranty on the product despite the enclosed leaflet stating 2. There was also no offer of repair.
We bought the light as it was recommended by SAD.co.uk and believed we were buying a high end product. This was not the case and we shall be buying an alternate and would highly recommend others do the same.
1 star but only due to the fact we had one months use out of it...an expensive month!
on 11 November 2011
I ordered this light after much research because it was suggested on SAD.org.uk. I have terrible seasonal depression and decided it was time to make the investment and get a good light.

Pros: Firstly, I did feel a bit of a difference when I used this for several days, I felt I had more energy and seemed to sleep better at night.

Cons: Right, this thing stopped charging! It will only charge to two bars even leaving it for all day and night and trying to use it in the morning to charge. Then after about 15 minutes it cuts out completely because the battery died.

This might have worked if there wasn't a problem charging, but back in the box it goes for the return and back I go to shop for yet another light box.

Edit -- had returned this to the seller, and they declared they never received it back, so I was stuck with no (broken) SAD box and no refund. Another commenter has suggested the Phillips one -- I might try that.
on 12 March 2013
I purchased this product for my daughter a S.A.D. sufferer and I have to say despite my doubts the Light Box really does appear to be working. It is easily transportable, simple to use and is very well made.
on 27 February 2013
It is small, compact, so easy to have around. It seems to be helping with moods. It needs to be used for longer to really rate it.
on 12 July 2015
Easy to use, it definitely is working, I feel much better than in previous winters and as this is Scotland and still pretty dark and miserable I am still using it in July.
on 4 March 2015
Does the job as it say and very helpful seller