Format: DVD|Change

on 4 April 2011
I love this film - the story - the actors - the songs - the dances - the costumes - this is definitely going to be one of those films I watch over and over again.
If you don't like musicals then obviously you won't like this but if you like a film with loads of atmosphere then at least go and rent it - I guarantee you will be singing the songs for weeks after.
on 23 January 2011
I have watched Burlesque at the cinema twice! It's a fun good feel film. Christina has done a good job in her first acting role and Cher is a plasure as always. I loved the songs and the choreography!

I totally recommend this for a night in with friends and drinks!
on 3 June 2016
This film completely passed me by on it's initial release. I hadn't even heard of it until 5 years later when I came across this Blu Ray by accident. Yes---it's premise borrows heavily from Cabaret and Coyote Ugly. And yes the critics are probably right in calling it campy and cliché. But I thoroughly enjoyed it nonetheless To add my own cynical two penneth, it does indeed take short cuts in ignoring the harsh reality knock backs of a struggling artist in favour of the more glossy contrived route of making it big, but when it comes to Cher and Christine Aguilar I forgive them. Especially when it comes to Christine Aguilar! Boy -----What a revelation! Just like Cher in her starting out days, Christine Aguilar can also bloody well act! So total kudos to her in me also giving her a belated 5 star Amazon thumbs up. And since I'm a 55 year old Englishman, hopefully that sways some positive opinion across all age groups!
on 16 June 2011
I loved this film. Had seen it before and loved it so much decided to buy it as I know I will watch it over and over again as I do with Chicago and Cabaret. Burlesque is very much the same as these two films.
Cher is a good singer. But she is also a brilliant actress. And my goodness, so is Christina Aguilera.

This is a typical rags to riches, unlikely-star-makes-it-against-the-odds tale, but it is very well acted and directed, gorgeous to look at, and the music is brilliant. Christina Aguilera steals the picture, both acting and singing. I am a middle-aged cynical typical grumpy old man, and I am not exactly a huge fan of her work, it's not quite my thing, but that moment where, in response to an attempted sabotage of her mimed act (everyone mimes up to this point) she opens her mouth and actually sings for the first time, sends shivers up my spine and makes what little hair I have left stand on end. What a voice.
on 13 April 2015
I just love this movie; I find it so incredible sexy...especially the girls (there's eye candy for the ladies as well) Excellent soundtrack, I think if they'd had the foresight they could have made a full on musical with a few extra songs. Christina has never looked so hot, or sounded so good. The story may be a little predictable (small town girl with dreams of Hollywood) but that doesn't stop you from enjoying 'the best view on Sunset strip'.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 23 September 2015
Ali (Christina Aguilera) hasn't been given the chance to sing at the club, even though she obviously can, but suddenly she's sent on to do a solo. A mean girl pulls the power as she's about to lip-synch, someone says to lower the curtain, and she starts, a cappella, to belt; Tess orders the curtain to be stayed. She belts out some more lines of the intro. Silence in the club. This is really something. And then she sings Tough Love, really raunchy, the power miraculously restored, the backing singers in place, although it's not the song she was meant to do ... This is a typical moment from Burlesque, a film that cannot be taken seriously, but is a lot of fun in its ludicrous way. Christina sings a lot, nearly always belting it out, as if imitating Cher. Her hair looks wonderful, falling in tumbling ringlets that vary in tightness from scene to scene - bouncing in the street, tight and glossy for the sexy numbers ... in all seriousness, she does look good. Cher looks like a goddess, also with fantastic hair. She has such charisma, even in such nonsense, or maybe especially in it ... her face is totally fascinating. A scene where she puts on Christina's makeup for her is gorgeous, as Cher's eyes and lips are so spellbinding. She sings two songs in which she shows how belting can become something more. Her repartee with her assistant, played by Stanley Tucci, is very effective - and he enhances the film a lot. As does the lovely Cam Gigandet as the love interest. He has a very funny seduction scene in which he keeps coming through Ali's bedroom in one item of clothing less - very charming - protecting his modesty with just a box of biscuits. The story concerns the Burlesque club which is threatened with closure, even with its new star performer, who has had a difficult life but has discovered self-expression through singing. The direction by Steven Antin, who also wrote the screenplay, is perhaps a bit too frantic, jumping around constantly, but it is not unsuited to the subject-matter - it is a very enjoyable experience and a treat for those who like panda eyes on both sexes ...
on 10 January 2011
Being Such A Huge Christina Aguilera Fan I Was Very Excited To See That Her Debut Film 'Burlesque' Was Soon To Be Released. Then I Saw The Trailers On TV And Knew As Soon As It Hit The Cinemas I'd See It And Love It. Well After Seeing It 5 Times In The Cinema I Have To Say I'm Hooked And It Could Turn Out To Be My Favourite Film Of All Time.

The Film Is Set Around The Story Of A Small Town Girl Ali (Aguilera) Who Wants To Make It Big. Stuck In A Dead End Job She Decides To Take The Little Money She Has And Move To L.A. There She Stumbles Across The Burlesque Lounge. The Burlesque Bar Is Owned By Tess (Cher) And Ali Does Everything She Can To Try And Become The Star She Has Dreamed Of. With A Girl Trying To Bring Ali Down, She Does Whatever She Can To Make Sure Ali Doesn't Steal Her Spotlight... But Her Plans May Go Wrong.

This Film Is Perfect For A Girly Get Together Or If You Love The Musical/Drama Genre. If Its Serious Acting Your After Then Give This A Miss. The Film In My Opinion Is Fantastic And Christina Aguilera Has Turned Out To Be Quite A Good Actress... However Its Not A Huge Blockbuster Compared To Other Films.

I Love It And I Give It 5 Stars Anyday And When It Comes Out On DVD I Will Ware My DVD Player Out With It.

Also Buy The Soundtrack. It Will Have You Singing And Dancing For Days!!!
on 31 October 2014
Burlesque is a 2010 musical film directed and written by Steven Antin and starring Cher and Christina Aguilera. The film was released on November 24, 2010 in North America. This film was the debut of pop singer Aguilera as an actress, and also starred Eric Dane, Cam Gigandet, Julianne Hough, Alan Cumming, Peter Gallagher, Kristen Bell, Stanley Tucci and Dianna Agron.

Cher and Aguilera contributed to the soundtrack album, with Aguilera contributing eight out of the ten songs and Cher taking the remaining two. The album was released in the USA on November 22, 2010[4] and received two nominations at the 54th Grammy Awards. The song "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me", penned by Diane Warren and sung by Cher, won the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song in 2011, while the movie was nominated for the Golden Globe Award in the Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy category. The film has grossed over $90 million worldwide. It is rated PG-13.
on 23 January 2011
ok, well maybe not the best movie ever, but the best musical in a very long time. when i took my sister along to watch it, i didn't think i would end up wathing a total of 5 times at the cinema. where to start? the music was amazing! it goes without saying that christina did an amazing job, not just as a singer but as an actress aswell. the movie was funny and very charming. everyone walking out of the theater was talking about how great christina did and how they wanted to be burlesue dancers. there was even a young man who at first complained when the movie started saying "don't tell me this is a musical". well he ended up saying that was one of the best movies he's seen in a while. the movie had a few flaws but the great music and funny lines every now and then make up for it, making it a great feel good movie.