Customer reviews

Cougar Cub Tales: I'm Just Like You
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.05

on 7 May 2013
I really didn't like this book at all.

The writing was small so I couldn't concentrate on the story, it doesn't flow as you read it. The rhyme didn't match with each paragraph. By that I mean some verses had three lines, some four, some two. In some verses three words rhymed but then the next verse two rhymed. It was all over the place. I'm gonna have to read it again but I don't think that I will like it any better second time around.

Pointless story and really badly written.

Sorry author but I just don't get it yet..
on 15 October 2013
Cougar Cub tales has a sweet premise.
It's about two orphaned Cougar Cubs who come across a bobcat. The cubs are wary of the newcomer because he looks different, but they soon learn to accept him despite all his differences.
This story is set out in a rhyming style with pictures above each verse.
My take on it?
I have to admit I read this several times, to get the breaks into my head. The flow was a tad off in places for a rhyming tale and the rhymes rhymed inconsistently at times.
The layout is tiny on the kindle version, the writing was titchy, and to add to that the punctuation was off in places.
BUT I thought this was a very cute tale and I think any child would love it, young or old, the faults can be read around and of course the moral can't be faulted.
It just needs a minor edit.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 September 2013
This is the first picture book I have bought and I am disappointed that the pictures are so small. The story has a lovely message that if we look hard enough we will find something in common with others.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse