on 23 January 2015
An excellent collection compiling the work of a brilliant artist from The Jackson 5 to His solo career to The Jacksons. Yes there are a number of Michael Jackson compilations but when it comes to value for money, this is definitely the best buy. 38 tracks over 2 cds is a generous and comprehensive overview of the man's musical career. There is so much baggage when it comes to this artist, everyone has an opinion but a collection such as this puts the emphasis back on the music. Unless you are particularly anal when it comes to Jackson, I guarantee if you were to list your favourite tracks, they would all be included here from 'I Want You Back' right up to 'Earth Song'. Over all this is a great package with an appropriate cover snap of the man midway through his career before all the excessive cosmetic surgery. Also appropriately titled as the vast majority of these tracks are essential.
on 3 October 2017
The essential Michael Jackson collection
This double cd is good overall with songs from the Jackson 5 and the Jacksons era and it follows Michael Jackson's career to the last. The buyer beware that the songs are faded out early and one track's cut off entirely to the point that you have to buy another whole album that the song in it's entirety is on!
on 19 April 2014
I am on the search for Greatest hits albums for my Ipod and wanted a collection by MJ. During his short life I wasn't a fan of his but I didn't dislike him either. I never owned a album by him just a few singles but I understand just how good he was.. So when I wanted to own a collection album by him I found this little gem. There was loads of versions to choose from but I think this one is perfect if its your first MJ album to own. It has all his monsters solo singles and a few classics from his early days. And it sounds great on my Ipod. A must for all casual MJ fans or if you want a singles collection.
on 22 January 2015
I purchased this album back in May 2014 (Now January 2015) and thought I should share how amazing this album is. I was never a huge fan of music, and although I knew who MJ was, I'd never shown an interest in his music, but after hearing a hit from the Xscape album on the radio and deciding I liked it I thought I'd take a listen to his greatest songs buy purchasing this album.

I was hooked straight away and had it on repeat 24/7, having never really taken an interest to music at all it was wonderful to experience all of these songs in detail for the first time. Even my mum cannot help but enjoy it and she isn't the biggest MJ fan. Every song has something in it which makes it unique to listen to, I cannot say which is my favourite because it is simply too difficult to decide, there is a song which fits every mood. All I can say is that I'm disappointed I never took an interest when I was younger.

Since purchasing this album I went on to buy Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, Invincible and Xscape and the only complaint I can have is that the Essentials album doesn't contain enough of his fantastic work! (Obviously there is an exception for the Xscape album). To me this suggests it's a great starting point for his music, there is a great combination of tracks from all his albums and the best hits when performing as the Jackson 5 and the Jacksons.

I would recommend this collection of songs to anybody because they really are outstanding - To think one artist did all this work is amazing. I am sure not even the biggest MJ fans would be gripped to it and like me, go on to build a collection of his work and become a fan.
on 7 August 2017
Love this CD because I love some music from the very early years and some more recent and this CD seems to have most of my favourites so I am happy with it.
on 12 May 2017
So many classic beautiful songs, replacing all my old albums I had everything Michael and his brothers and sisters recorded, was so blessed to see them 50 years years ago at the empire pool Wembley when they were the jackson five and i have loved them ever since and I always will
on 12 October 2015
GREAT album. So many classic songs!!! It's just a shame there is a few missng. I do love that it includes some Jackson 5 tracks its the almost complete Michael set
on 14 October 2016
What can you say about the King of Pop that's not been said? Where's the next genius to come from out human race? Essential is the word for this album :)
on 18 June 2017
Love this album, it has all my favorites all neatly in one album! Perfect for Michael Jackson fans!
on 10 June 2014
Bought for my nine-year-old son who has heard some of Michael's songs on the radio and enjoyed them. he really likes this CD and I feel it gives a good all-round range of his different music. My sons all love it and I have caught them moonwalking on a number of occasions!