Customer reviews

Ok
on 22 March 2017
Arrived promptly.Item as described
on 31 December 2012
Love her voice. Much better than her first album. Worth a listen give it a go. You won't regret it.
I accidentally came across Love out of Lust and instantly wanted to listen to it over and over. What a strange mixture of submarine sounds and some echoes of what sounds like the end of Fleetwood Mac's Albatross. Ordering the CD, to my surprise I equally like Sadness is a Blessing, again reminds me of something - Leader of the Pack. My other favourite is Jerome. It's great to have the words of the songs written down - which are difficult to understand from the CD but that doesn't bother me. It all adds to the appealing weirdness of the music.
on 2 March 2011
I heard this in a local independant cd shop and thought it was really interesting. Bought it on a whim and played it a couple of times in the car, then played it again.....and again.....

Its different, quirky, percussive and a bit left wing, but the tunes worm into your head and you want to get to know them better, so you play it again.....

I can see this being one of my fasvourites of the year. Give it a try, play it a few times and you too could be hooked. I Follow Rivers and Get Some are just brilliant songs.

This could be massive, but I suspect it's not mainstream enough.
55 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 10 March 2011
I bought this album as I enjoyed her last one. I am seriously impressed. She has really stepped up and improved. It is really good album, mature, evocative, melodic and altogether lovely. Side with the angels and give it a listen.
on 13 July 2011
Love this album. Has a big fifties girl-band vibe with a large dose of haunting Twin Peak echo plus some other mysterious ingredients. Just gets under your skin, find myself playing it constantly in the car. Delicious.
on 11 June 2011
I loved Lykke's first album and was a little worried as to how she could follow this up. The direction has slightly changed but worry not, the quality is there. The song-craft is in total effect as each sound becomes instantly familiar upon first listen. However, this doesn't mean that the songs are superficial, just that they have been well written and the tunes are so catchy that you swear they should have already been written. I'm not saying all is perfect, tuning is a slight issue on Unrequited Love just towards the end of the track, where the vocal grates ever so slightly. Other than this, you could pick seven or eight possible single releases. I don't think this album will propel Lykke into the mainstream but why would she want that, she's more than fine being slightly off-scene. It makes it a bit more special when you like an act as brilliant as Lykke Li and most people will never hear her songs. Unrequited indeed.
on 17 May 2011
This is one of my favourite albums of the year so far. Lykke's lyrics are unbelievably beautiful, surpassed only (barely) by the gorgeous music that underpins them. Every track on this album is an absolute pleasure to listen to, semi-melancholy love songs that are nevertheless uplifting. Stand-out track (at a push) would probably be 'I Follow Rivers,' but dancey number 'Get Some' is a brilliantly upbeat addition. The dreamy 'I Know Places' and 'Silent My Song' will have you humming along all day. This is the perfect soundtrack to lazy summer days, or cool evenings. You will definitely not regret getting yourself a piece of Lykke.