on 2 January 2014
It wasn't until I bought my D3000 3yrs ago that I really understood just what the benefit of a Flower Petal Lens Hood was. So I headed round to my local lake and practised taking shots both with the hood on and with the hood off, soon I started to see the classic 'lens flare' that I'd heard about. so very glad I did this.
Now with my latest Nikon, the D5200, I have a collection of all varying sizes and shapes of hoods depending on the weather and what time of year it is which gives me an idea of how bright the day is gonna be. I have recently considered buying a lightmeter but not sure as yet.
Definitely buy yourself a couple of hoods though my friends. Saying that, there are a couple of occasions when taking a shot without a hood gives you a stunning flare across a beautiful girls features if you capture it just right. Happy shooting.
on 25 June 2012
Must say that with this you do get 'vignetting' - in each of the corners you will get black in the frame from it getting in the way - this is on the 18-55mm Nikon lens - and more prevalent the wider you go - but noticeable even on the Nikon 50mm 1.8f AF. Hardly worth sending back, so its added to the cost of buying a decent one. I havn't noticed this at higher zooms so I'll give it a two.It might come in some small use.
5 people found this helpful
on 4 March 2015
This was bought as a quick and cheap solution for my daughter's new Nikon D3200 and 50mm f1.8 lens after she ran out of cash. While the lens hood fits, it needs to be unscrewed to remove it and it won't turn backwards for storage. The adjuster ring that locks it in place is also fiddly - just not very well designed. That said, it does work and my daughter will keep it until she has some more spare money.
on 22 August 2013
I would have to say, this lens hood, was not quite what I was expecting.
Despite it been described right, I find that when this hood was screwed on it would be loose fitting and if tried to screw it on tight it would come loose again.

While I understand its not meant to be tight, but I do expect it to be tight enough that a little knock, will not make the hood come off.
One person found this helpful
on 8 June 2014
It does what it is meant to do but it feels cheap and plasticky. The screw thread feels "gritty" when screwing into place and it doesn't reverse to clip onto the lens for storage which is annoying but the price was good.
on 8 May 2016
save your money for a big stopper instead
on 12 December 2014
A reasonably cheap solution to replacing a lost original lens hood. It is well made and does the job equally as well as the one that came with my lens.
on 2 September 2013
This is a not a bad lends hood for the price, it will do for keeping the sun out of the lens etc, i found the threads a bit lacking bit it holds for what i use it for. Its cheap and cheerful and dodes the job its built for
on 25 April 2014
The above lens hood 52mm (flowe petal dslr scew mount) was excellent value.To fit it securely to the camera I had to remove the ring on the thread of lens cap in the rear.What function this ring has I do not know..I lost in Madras because the ring was not.. removed.Now the fitting is perfect.Good value for the price..Recommend this item..
on 16 September 2014
Excellent piece of equipment. Very cheap compared to other similar products yet high quality and looks great.