on 17 November 2017
Beautiful book which highlights all our imperfections and fragility. Some excellent examples from lived experiences. The delivery was speedy and timely and so thank you so much, because you met my needs with this. Congratulations Brene another great read. I would recommend all young doctors and nurses to read this one. Why not offer it to the universities running nursing and social care courses try the London South Bank for a start why not send a free copy and take it from there, especially for those doing nurse mentor programmes.
on 24 July 2017
My goodness this is a great treat for yourself. Take some time out of a busy day to give yourself a break and read this book
on 18 October 2017
So grateful to Brene for honest clear writing on shame.
on 18 March 2017
Very serious read
on 13 March 2017
Very good book for personal development and also easy to read.
on 20 September 2014
I bought this book along with Brown's two other books. All three have changed my life - how I think about myself and how I relate to my family and friends. These books are the best 'manual' for being a human being in this day and age. I am recommending them to heaps of my friends!
on 22 October 2016
Each chapter bought memories of past situations back with new meaningful perspectives. I also learned more about myself and how to bring new insights to social situations that I'd usually walk away from feeling defeated, but now with a more optimistic and empathetic approach.
Amazing entry book after watching Dr Brown speak at TED talks!
on 4 January 2017
Excellent Read. Thoroughly recommend it for anyone trying to change themselves
on 20 March 2013
I discovered Brene Brown "occasionally", browsing the TED talks. Back then I was passing thru' one of the most difficult periods of my life. Thanks to her books I managed to keep myself sane and focused as well as to grow as person, partner and mother.
Highly recommend all of her books and talks!
on 24 October 2017
Feel a bit baffled and misled by the title of this book. The subject of the book is on shame, what it is, why people have shame and how to build shame resilience, yet this is not mentioned on the front cover or in blurb ?
There are interesting chapters and supporting examples in this book, but I found many of these limited to a US centric, married, middle class, Christian woman with children.