Showing 1-10 of 26 reviews(3 star). See all 314 reviews
on 28 March 2011
This lawnmower has a very bad design fault on the wheel height change. My daughter and I spend and entire afternoon trying to change the wheel height which has to be done manually. On the back two wheels we found it impossible to alter the height. On the instruction manual drawing, there is no back roller. in reality the back roller makes it impossible to pull the wheel bar out and re- adjust into the next slot. Again the drawing shows the wheel being pushed inwards but we found we simply were not strong enough to do this. We finally got the wheels into the middle position but there they are going to have to stay, as when I am on my own I simply cannot alter the wheel height, which is important when cutting grass if the grass is quite long. I am very very disappointed in this product because of this design fault. The Rotak 34 owned by friends has a lever for wheel adjustment but the Rotak 34 is too big a lawnmower for my needs. Why couldn't a lever have been on the Rotak 32?
1313 Comments| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 June 2011
it's a pretty good lawnmower overall. the reason for 3 star is that the handle bar which connects with the machine does not fit very well and moves while using the machine and the quality feels very cheap. also if you have an uneven ground than the mower does not cut the grass properly if lowered to its lowest cutting size. but the mower works perfectly and has enough cable for a median size garden.
on 30 May 2012
I have had this mower for nearly a year now and had proved to be very reliable and does quite a good job. Downside is the cheaper build quality reflected in the price. The handle and grass collector are the the weakest points in terms of build quality. One of the plastic screw handles on the handle threaded and I had to replace it with a bolt as I regularly collapse it down to fit in my shed. Part of me wishes I had gone for the next model up, but if you just have a small lawn that you occasionally mow this will do the job just don't expect too much from it.
on 22 July 2013
Price is right but a bit on the light side. As it starts to fill up, the weight of the grass collector tends to pull it backwards, I find. That said, it cuts well and close too, when required.
on 14 May 2012
the lawn mower is very easy to put together, even for blondes lol, grass box a bit small, i bought it for my med sized garden but am forever emptieing the grass box, which is a bit annoying, would say suitable for small garden, having said that cuts grass very well but hit small stone and now have very ratterly lawn mower,my fault for not picking up the stone !!! very light, easy little mower. orderd through amazon brilliant service came with in two days, as always with them fast delivery very pleased as garden was becoming a bit of a jungle
on 6 October 2014
Replaced a self-driven petrol lawnmower with this electric

General comments
- Its very plastic, but light
- Its smaller than expected but easy to use
- It doesnt cut as close as my previous petrol lawnmower.

Overall; it doesnt compare with a petrol self-driven lawnmower but then it has its advantages.

If you are considering this vs a petrol i would say go petrol every time but as an electric lawnmower this has its advatages.
on 16 June 2011
The mower was easy to put together and works ok. The failsafe stop is a bit sensitive and stops a bit too readily. That's not really a problem. My main gripe is that on the Amazon description it was said to have 7 cutting heights. That's the main reason I bought it. When it arrived, I discovered that in fact it only has 3 cutting heights. The shortest cut is a bit too short for my lawn (which, like most lawns, is not perfectly level all over) and the medium height is a little bit too long, allowing too many weeds to grow. I would have liked to set the height between the two. It will have to do because I'm not buying another one. Otherwise it works well, and the vaccuum-powered grass box is perfectly adequate.
on 26 September 2011
I bought this lawnmower to replace my old Black & Decker of similar size. I expected the Bosch to be more solid and of better quality, but was sadly disappointed. Parts of it are quite flimsy, and the grass box is much smaller and worse in it's design than my old one. On the plus side, it looks good, cuts well and is very light and manageable. I have other Bosch products that I have been pleased with, so was expecting much more from this lawnmower.
on 28 July 2013
does the job as needed light to use picks grass cuttings up very well personaly would go heavier next time
Very light and small - this is ideal for those who have small lawns and gardens. Anything large and I don't feel it would be robust enough. But having said that we have used it numerous times without a problem. Quite difficult to work out how to vary the cut height until you get to know how to work the machine. But for the price you really can't complain.