Customer reviews

on 1 August 2017
With Bryan Petersen you just can't go wrong. The guy is a photographic genius. I recommend this and any other of his books - no matter what title you want.
on 13 March 2017
Really good and user friendly. Good for a beginner but experienced photographers like my self will get creative ideas and different outlooks/perspectives.
on 27 June 2017
Great condition. Good addition to my photographers library.
on 30 May 2017
As described
on 28 March 2017
Thoroughly enjoyed this read. It has given me much to think about and experiment with whilst out and about.
on 23 June 2017
You know what you're getting from Brian with a y. Years of experience distilled into very accessible and practical information.
on 31 August 2017
I allways take a close look before I buy thus lessons the need to send back
on 18 October 2017
Excellent book. Very useful.
on 12 September 2015
I love the books written by Bryan Peterson, this one is no exception. The ability to see a creative shot is an important gift for us photographers. The world is chaotic and yet, being able to "see" the shot in the chaos is magical and Bryan teaches us how to do it with very simple guidelines and explanation. This book is your field guide to an important aspect of creative expression with your camera. As someone who has first hand experience of studying with Bryan on his world famous workshops I can say with no reservation, he practices what he teaches. This book is the next best thing to having him guide and teach you personally. Highly recommended.
review image
VINE VOICEon 6 July 2007
If the measure of a good book is compelling readability, then this book is a good book. Two sessions is all it took, although of course it does have pictures.

And if the measure of a good photography book is inspiring you to go out and take pictures, then this is a good photography book. Even before finishing it I was trying out some of Peterson's tips.

What I like so much about this book is that it has enough "technical" information to be really useful, but not so much as to make it dry. The author clearly loves his work (and his wife) and communicates it with bubbling enthusiasm. He's "artistic" but doesn't come across as a moody, tortured soul.

I have some technical photography books that are highly informative but also dour and depressing. By contrast this book had me buzzing and raring to go. Highly recommended!