Platform: Xbox 360|Change

Great game. Great price.
on 18 June 2015
Brilliant, thank you!
on 22 May 2011
This is one of the worst driving games I have ever played, and I have played a lot. The graphics are ok and there is quite a lot of stuff to do, but you probably won't want to do much of it because the handling remains almost unchanged from the first game. They have tamed the excessive rear wheel slides from the first game somewhat but the car still feels like it has very little grip and it can't decide whether it wants to be an arcade racer or a sim and the trouble is it does neither and ends up being a bit of a confused mess. The cars seem to have an unnatural attraction to each other and when you inevitably connect you nearly always come off worse usually spinning out and being rammed by other cars. The tracks are the usual mix of real world race tracks and made up ones. Most of the fictional tracks seem to come from the first game and I'm sure I spotted a couple from pro street. I love racing games but I'm getting a bit tired of the same tracks appearing in different games, there's only so many times I can race around the Suzuka and nurburgring variations and the fictional tracks in here aren't very good, they lack flow and seem to have too many chicanes and right angles. There are also too many night races and until someone can come up with a proper handling drift mode they should just stop putting it in the game, it's not fun, and that's why I play games, for fun and this game just isn't, I'm just glad I rented it instead of buying it.
So if you want a great arcade game get burnout or split/second, if you want a sim get forza and I suppose if you enjoy being bored get GT 5. : ) LPB
on 13 March 2014
one of the best sims around, better than grid 1,2 F1 and all of the forza games. get a force feedback steering wheel to get the most out of it. the xbox steering wheel is also awesome.
on 14 October 2014
great
on 3 August 2015
Thanx
on 17 March 2016
Great
on 15 May 2014
It was for my partner but he seems to be enjoying it ! Gives me time to get on with my hobbies :-)
on 22 April 2011
I really wanted to like this game as I have the previous shift which is excellent.The first few races are good but the problems start when you upgrade your car.All realism goes out the window as your car fishtails and spins out of control at the slightest contact with other cars.I have tried tinkering with the suspension,ride height etc but to no avail.Also sometimes other racers seem to stick to your car like superglue,literally.The only plus point is the graphics but without a decent game that is meaningless.I have since traded it in.If you want a good racer stick to the original shift,grid or dirt 2,all of which are much cheaper.My favourite at the moment though has to be nfs hot pursuit,a brilliant online and offline game that has the autolog feature to compare and challenge your friends times,great fun.
on 5 April 2011
I owned this game for about a day and quickly returned it to the store.
Why?
I was expecting an enjoyable experience with realistic handling, and Shift failed to deliver - quite sad as I was really looking forward to the game.
The graphics and damage modelling are perfect, I can't fault them at all - by main problem was with the gameplay itself and the handling physics.

Perhaps I've spent too long playing Forza 3 but I thought I'd perfected the art of drifting on that game only to try and play shift 2 and quickly become annoyed with the sensitive controls (even adjusting them didn't help) that made me feel detached from the car.

I recommend this game if you're after a compromise between arcade and realism - otherwise steer clear.
55 Comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse