on 5 March 2012
I was feeling a bit poorly and a bit grumpy, so I bought this and read it in an afternoon, and it was just right. Lots of good, honest characters, sentimental in a good way without being saccharine, and a real heart thumper of a chase ending. I was relieved to read its an on-going series, I like the characters a lot.

The story revolves around Leigh's family this time, and the mystery that is Cara's father. Lots of twists and turns but not so much of a whodunit as trying to understand why he left and why he appears to be back .... If I have any criticism it's that Leigh's husband has become less of a character since they got married, I preferred him as a long suffering 'friend'. I find it less realistic he's a long suffering husband! But a minor quibble, the rest of the characters remain interesting, although now they've all found love how will the next book progress? DL Sayers kept Lord Peter happily married and investigating, I'm sure Edie Clare will figure it out too.
on 28 September 2013
This is the third Leigh Koslow book I have read and apart from the improbability of one person getting involved in as many homicidal scenarios as she does ( especially as most involve family members) they are enjoyable light reading. I will be continuing with the series.
on 15 February 2014
I love these books and this has got to be one of my favourites. My only gripe is that I would liked to have seen more of Leigh and Warren 's relationship. Love how you can just enjoy these books and not have to think to hard. You just get swept along with the story. Brilliant.
on 26 January 2014
Another gripping book from this author. It has many a turn to it and I could not put it down well worth the money and also to read again. Cannot wait to read the next book in the series.
on 9 November 2012
I really enjoyed this story. Leigh may now be married to Warren but her action packed life certainly hasn't changed! We get to know Leigh's aunt and cousin a little bit more in this story when the past comes back to threaten them. Leigh still loves her coffee, pancakes and tacos and I have to say I love her for it. There are kidnappings, secrets, shootings, fights, cops, robbers, laughs and tears in this story. So if you are after an easy to read mystery with some fantastic characters that isn't too gory or serious but keeps you wondering what is round the corner then you will enjoy this. Highly recommended for curling up on the sofa and losing yourself for a few hours!
on 5 December 2013
Love these books in the Leigh Koslow series you would think they would get boring after a while as they are all roughly about the same thing but that is what is good about them because you start to know all the characters in the books so it is easy then to get into them. Would recommend as they are not expensive, good read and are all quite big books.
on 3 February 2014
First book was good but getting better with every new book that comes along. Go Leigh and Cara what a great team they make.
on 5 April 2014
Fun to read with some good twists, characters are interesting, good intrigue in the plot, love the main heroine Leigh
on 7 May 2013
Always enjoy her work and this is as good as I was hoping. The development of the characters throughout the series makes them feel like friends I want to get to know better. Each book is a separate tale in its own right but the characters meld the series making me eager to read the next in the series.
on 26 October 2013
An excellent read from start to finish, with a few good twists along the way. The Leigh Koslow series seems to be getting better with each novel – and the rich pallet of characters become more involving and interesting with each story.