Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Loving Against the Odds
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 18 July 2000
When I discovered that my husband had been having an affair I went to a counciller for help. On leaving she gave me this book. I thought another book by someone who doesn't know how I feel or what I am going through, another book by a high minded, out of touch with reality person. How wrong I was! Every word of every sentence on every page gave comfort help and hope for our future. It was so easy to read and the love and warmth on the pages came easily into my heart. If you have a problem with your marriage or even if you dont READ THIS BOOK. It has meant so much to be able to share in the caring for the family this book brings.
on 21 September 2017
a very practical down to earth book in touch with every situation and sensible suggestions.
gives an insight into the way both partners see things. a great help thankyou
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 March 2017
As described
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 March 2001
You can learn from the experiences of many couples by reading this book. Their stories are told, along with those of the author in touching and compassionate way.
The lessons learned can be applied to almost ANY relationship - you do not have to be married in order to benefit!
The whole book is extremely well written and very easy to read. It is both useful and entertaining. You may have trouble putting it down.
on 18 March 2014
As Tania West author of Just a Piece of Paper?: Why commitment is the new aphrodisiac comments: Rob Parsons has the ability to write with profound honesty, humility and compassion about how to love when the going gets tough. He writes about constructing, negotiating and maintaining boundaries with real wisdom and his book is packed with practical strategies for creating the kind of marriage that will stand the test of time.
on 20 August 2006
We were given this book by our minister as part of a marriage prep class. I read it last week and it's really made me think about things. It's insightful and helps you realise that other people have feelings which although you don't mean to hurt you often do. I'm getting a copy of this book for all my friends and family as I think everyone in a relationship whether preparing for marriage or already married should read it. It explains about rocky patches and what there is to lose as well as helping you cope with financial difficulties as a team. Great book!
on 24 March 2013
Useful and thought provoking, realistic advice set in real life worth the couple of hours it will take to read
on 12 December 2012
Easy to read, very supportive, cases you could easily relate to.
Made me smile- and cry.
SUCH a good book - would really recommend it to anyone in a relationship - there is something for everyone here, to help strengthen or repair what you have.
on 22 August 2015
This book was really easy to read, it felt like it was written specifically for me! It has some really practical ideas to make things better for your marriage and if nothing else it makes you realise that your problems are not uncommon and it can get better! A good read for a marriage on the rocks or to help make a good marriage even stronger.
on 8 May 2014
An excellent, down-to-earth book about marriage, with its problems, and suggestions for making things better. Parsons primarily covers communication difficulties, and the need to appreciate the other person as well as listening to them. There are also chapters on finance, arguing, intimacy, forgiveness, and the dangers of affairs.

It’s written from a Christian perspective with a few references to the Bible, but I don’t think there’s anything which would offend anyone from any faith (or none). plenty of personal examples and anecdotes illustrate the author’s comments and advice. All round, one of the best and most readable books about marriage I have come across.