on 27 December 2013
This is my first ever review in Amazon.....I'm writing this cos this product and seller needs deserves a review :)
I needed a sound system for our Christmas party and was gonna buy a Dr.Dre Beatbox. But after a little google search came across this amazing piece of sound machine and thought of giving it a go. I was not disappointed sound wise and money wise. It was brilliant and every one was so amazed to see where all da music was coming out from compared to the size of it. It is solidly built and sound quality is brilliant too plus less than half price compared to beat box or harman cardon play+go. Simply loving it.
I have to mention about the seller AVIDES. Their customer relationship was great, replied to all my questions quicky. I ordered this on wednesday night and was amazed to see it in my doorstep saturday morning before Christmas.
on 11 December 2014
The Audyssey "South of Market" iPod/Phone dock provides astonishingly listenable sounds from a relatively modest sized unit. It's quite heavy and pretty minimally styled but not what you'd call attractive. Although it soon hides itself away on say a book shelf or side unit due to its subdued non glossy materials.

It's head and shoulders above most of my other docks and bluetooth speakers soundwise and certainly now that it's in the clearance priced zone (at time of review this could be had for around £50) it is pretty much untouchable if you are OK with 30pin connection, ie. not dockable with newer iPhones/pads without using either adapters or bluetooth/3.5mm connectors. Overall it is a really nice unit, you can tell a lot of attention was paid to the sounds first, looks later, but there are some pleasing discreet touches such as the volume LEDs that dim, and hidden volume/pause controls.

Quality wise I'd put it on terms with Harman Kardon Soundsticks. An amplifier for each speaker is certainly not the norm for this sort of audio product. Can certainly take over main stereo duties if you need it to.

Positives:
Beautifully controlled sound from just about any genre. Not boomy, not tinny.
Needs no instructions, very easy to use.
Volume indicator.
Built in power supply - no massive power block lying on the floor.
Goes up to 11 (really!)
Uses go beyond just a dock.

Negatives:
Companion App no longer in the Appstore.
Old style connector
Discontinued
on 5 February 2014
I purchased this in January 2014 after hearing one at a NYE Party and I simply could not believe the sound that came from a box this size. Yes it is a little heavier than you would think, yes it has mains but that is a small issue compared to what sound comes out.
I have even attached it to my TV and PS3 but I do have a smallish lounge. Watching DVD's has given clearer sound on speech and the bass on some tracks is sometimes a little deep for my liking it does make some tracks sound great.
It comes with a little remote control, mini USB attachment and cables to connect headphone to headphone if your TV does not have WiFi. It evens charges your iPhone when it is docked pretty quickly.
The only thing I would change is a bass reduction equalizer/dial but that is picking hairs to be fair! I would not hesitate to recommend it and I got it when it was £100.00. I did a lot of research into buying a bluetooth speaker for less than £150 and this simply sounded better than anything else I listened to out of about 20 speakers.
on 21 January 2015
Bit apprehensive with differing reviews and my lack of knowledge with anything electrical. Needn't have worried. Hubby loves his new toy. Good sound system, would recommend. Arrived promptly and well packaged
on 28 October 2014
Excellent product supplied by nextdaydirect. The Audyssey just oozes quality and is reassuringly heavy and solid. I have an iPod 160Gb which, when connected to the dock,doesn't budge or move when its buttons are prodded. Sound is very clear with good tight but balanced bass, but owing to the unit's design doesn't give much stereo separation. At the price this dock is an absolute bargain especially when you factor in its Bluetooth connectivity as well.
on 10 December 2013
Hi all,
This is my first review, so I will try to give my best.
Long story short - that is an amazing value for just GBP99, it is insane!
The long part.
So after reading a lot of reviews for Ipod docks and similar system I narrowed my choice to several systems but I finished buying that one after local bargain deal , don't ask.
Design
Extremely stylish piece of kit. Very unobtrusive vertical design as large as big book. Super discrete knobs and inputs. Very small footprint.
Sound - the most important part of course...
The sound out of the box was not so impressing, but wait....
Initially it was the boomiest thing I've ever heard , a lot of uncontrolled lows. Than I understood that it was my fault.
Just put some improvised pad on the bottom of it and it improved hugely. Superb sound , yes SUPERB. It has very low end and believe me for such a small device it is windows shaking. OK , but it is not the most important, yes you're right. The highs are very clear too although not so well defined but as I haven't mentioned I am some kind of audiophile and little picky. The mids are not so forward but are there. Overall the sound is very impressive and there is no distortion. The "no distortion" thing comes at a price. The price is more controlled sound. You cannot "crank" it, no matter what type of music or source you plug in , there is max control which somehow eliminates the pleasure of the little distortion.
Using the bluetooth
Very easy pairing, the sound not so good but enjoyable.
Using the aux input (3.5mm).
Oh yeah there is the magic. Put some DAC or good source on the other end and enjoy lovely sound, yes one of the most refined. It seemed that this one has better built in ADC than DAC ?! Anyways since I found this fact I am using it mostly with my computer x-fi soundcard and the result is superb sound. Another good side is that if you don't insist on big surround effects you can use it as home theater, yes the bass is so deep , the dialog sharp ... amazing, and even you can put it in a bag and take it to a party or as a home theater on vacation.
And finally the best thing... a friend of mine bought A7 yes the B&W one , the top notch thing with great impatience I made some audition and guess what the AUDUSSEY sounded better at least initially we will see after the burn in period.

So for hundred it is bargain buy it now!
on 29 January 2015
My first unit was DOA, and the seller sent a replacement immediately. The build quality of this speaker is noticeably different from anything I have seen on the market or owned previously. It is sturdy and heavy. The sound quality and volume is amazing, and the only wireless speaker I have heard that is comparable is the Naim Muso at more than 2 times the original selling price of this, so at £70 it is an absolute bargain. It did not distort even at full volume, which is extremely loud. I measured just over 100db on my SPL when stood 7ft away, it was like being in a concert. Bloody brilliant, I'm buying another.
on 26 December 2011
This is an amazing product. That Audyssey is able to deliver such incredible sound out of such a small box is a testament to their technology know how. The bass on the dock is super crisp a goes very low, additionally, this little guy is powerful. For our flat it actually plays loud enough to get noise complaints from the neighbors. Wireless is a great addition. Highly recommended.
on 25 November 2011
* serious lag, so not good for movies. i also have a jambox , and there is no noticeable lag.
* too much bass for the absent middle
* otherwise very good quality
on 4 December 2014
fantastic product, it just fills my senses, amazing sound. I'm honored to have possessed such a wonderful gadget