Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.38

on 24 April 2013
series continues in blog/diary form, and ups the grittiness factor. survival conditions believably 'mawkit'. strong female lead character, portrayed as steadfast, wreckless, restless, but also very warm and caring for close acquaintances in the mess that is the residue of humanity. very considered, absorbing follow up. again, excellent grade of zombies.
on 2 April 2011
Controversial author TW Brown has been passing his time writing one zombie novel after another, as well as short stories that have appeared in over half a dozen horror anthologies. For the most part, I've enjoyed everything that he's written, and Zomblog II wasn't much different from the previous Brown novels that I've read...and that familiarity was a slight problem for me. Brown's writing style introduces multiple characters in a small amount of time, which means that many characters are lacking any real depth, and lots of storylines are left open, presumably for the plots in the sequels. (For the record, I have yet to read a stand-alone novel by this author.)

I had no complaints about Zomblog because it stood out from other journal-type novels, but just like many other zombie series I have read, the sequel didn't impress me as much as the first. I think the biggest reason is that I felt no empathy for the main character, Meredith. I have no problem with a strong female protagonist (which isn't common in zombie novels), but Meredith appeared to be consistently self-centered, which was very contrasting to Samuel Todd, the main character in the first book. Samuel is motivated to help others, while Meredith thinks mainly of herself. Even when she claims to be doing something for the sake of others, there are usually more personal reasons for her actions that have more to do with her feeling wronged or betrayed, rather than avenging her friends...and I'm surprised anyone would want to be around her.

Despite my issues with Meredith, Brown absolutely delivers on the degeneracy and wickedness that is expected in an apocalyptic situation where society has completely fallen apart. The Genesis Brotherhood is a constant threat to the well-being of the other survivors who have set up fortified compounds around the area, and some of the things they do to endure food shortages is the most shocking forms of cannibalism that I've read in any horror book.

There is going to be at least one more book in the Zomblog series, and I hope that someone else continues the journal entries besides Meredith. I'd like to see more zombie action, and I think it would be great if there were more scenes with interaction between the survivor compounds.
on 6 August 2012
A few weeks ago I read the first book in this series, Zomblog, and it wasn't really my thing. I didn't connect with the main character and it was a little lacking in direction. But I decided to try the second book - the POV changes between books and I did like the new narrator, so what was there to lose?

With that new POV came a new perspective (duh), but also more direction. Meredith is a tough cookie - at times almost too tough, but it's the zombie apocalypse - puppies and flowers aren't really an option. Shes ruthless, strong, stubborn and I thought she was THE perfect character for this story.

And there is direction - Meredith has a goal in mind, and no one (dead or undead), is going to stop her from reaching it. As the world continues to descend into chaos, the good, the bad and the ugly human survivors emerge, and Meredith encounters the whole lot - dealing with them in her typical no-prisoners way.

Zomblog II is a book that I couldn't put down - I had to find out what happened to Meredith and her friends (and enemies), and it's a great example of how writing in journal form actually can work, and work well. It's a rough, intense read, and Mr. Brown has some confronting ideas on just how far human beings will go to survive.
on 28 March 2012
I love the way TW Brown writes... zombies are my current (and long term) love. His characters are
believable as they have some dramatic and plausible faults! and it is a work of fiction (we hope!) some literary licence in how we heal, mental and physical, has to be given.

It is an unusual style, with it being a diary type/1st person style but the switching between characters allows for differing points of view without forsaking the style.
Meredith is my kind of girl, yes she is self centered but so she should be, altruism seems to only get you so far in the Zpoc.

the heinous things that happen along the "adventure" that she has made me shudder and wonder at humanity in general... but TW Brown does make you think.... would we/could we be any different, I hope we are.

Really looking forward to the final installment and the continuation of the DEAD series...

more puppies and happy moments too tho please!! or am i getting soft!
on 3 January 2014
I've read a few zombie books, some are good some are terrible, but this is brilliant! Loved the first instalment, loved this one as well. Keep it up, TW Brown, loving your zombie world.
on 2 November 2013
This book really keeps you reading, it's full of action so u never want to put it down. A very well written book, and it's just as brilliant as the first..there are good bad characters in the book, lots to love and hate. Quite a believable story line, and I'm surprised at how much I can relate to the main character Meredith...but I've read this book twice and I can't find what happened to baby Adam..?!
on 1 April 2012
Having read Zomblog this was a great follow on story. The book follows Meredith as she continues to survive the zombie apocalypse completing many missions instead of staying in the safety of one of the many survivor camps. It is a dangerous World with not only the zombies a threat but civilisation broken down.

This is a must read for all zombie fans and I am now going to download zomblog 3.
on 19 January 2013
After getting the first book as a freebie, I had to get the second and so glad I did! Meredith is just normal woman some have said she's a b@tch but I think she is how a normal person would be in the situation. This book is a true trilogy not just a way to generate more money and I am off to buy book 3. If you like apocalypse books get this one!
on 17 July 2014
Loved to read a book/journal of somebody who doesn't want to stay behind safe walls.what a read. Loved it.
on 11 July 2014