Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.99

on 29 June 2012
I 'assumed' as I liked Peter James' Roy Grace novels that I might enjoy other works. Wrong. This was poor- an unoriginal and irritating mish mash of The Omen and Rosemarys Baby.
on 16 November 2008
Phenomenal! I lived this book and i defy you as a reader not to experience the truth as well.
on 18 July 2009
This my 1st Peter James book, I have got to admit I got it due to such positive reviews on Amazon. When I 1st started reading it, I really thought I had made a mistake as thought abit slow, I didn`t want to quit it though. Boy glad I didn`t, it got me hooked, I couldn`t put it down..it keep me on the edge of my seat, it was mind blowing & kept me desperate to know what happpened..(don`t want to give away anything) must say though Kundz is seriously weird. When I completed the book it left me creeped out, however upset it was finished. So a warning has to be given...this book is addictive & an excellent chilling read. If you love chilling, occult books you will love this. Looking forward to more addictive Peter James`s books.
on 18 February 2009
When I realised the plot involved devil worshippers, I wondered how plausible it could be. But the tension builds up right from the beginning and what happens to the characters seems completely plausible. I read this book very quickly, with bated breath and couldn't put it down. Even if you don't believe in pure evil, this story shows that many people do, and the lengths they will go to further their aims. It makes you wonder about the source of evil doings around us, and how vulnerable we may be to them unknowingly . The writing is intelligent and informed too.
on 28 February 2015
I really enjoyed the read and the more you got into the book, the more exciting it became but if I am being really honest the ending was a real disappointment and do agree with another review that it was left so unfinished you would expect a sequel to follow hence only giving it 4 stars. One point I would say is, don't let it put you off Peter James books as they are normally a gripping read.
on 23 June 2011
I'm a big fan of Peter James. I love the Roy Grace books and have since been working my way through his other offerings. Although many of his novels (including the Grace ones) are a bit far fetched and feature 'convenient' plot resolutions, the overall reading experience is very good. Up until the last 20 pages or so I enjoyed The Truth, but the abrupt ending completely fails to explain any of the preceding mysteries and I just ended up feeling I'd wasted my time reading the book! I'm now a little cautious about bothering to buy the two remaining PJ novels that I haven't read!
on 29 August 2013
Thanks to reading the start of the Grace series many years ago and loving his style of writing I have tried many of Peter James's more supernatural themed standalone books over recent years. This is one of those books and I really loved it. I am waiting for the price to become more reasonable so I can get it on kindle to be able to reread it. It's quite annoying to have to pay twice for the same content but in different formats. Anyway this story was really good and one of his best standalone supernatural thrillers and I look forward to rereading it one day soon.
on 9 September 2014
Having read all the Inspector Grace series, I went back to try some of Peter James' earlier stuff. Glad I did, thus was close to un-put-downable, an excellent story. Mildly disappointed with the ending but it seemed to leave an opening for a sequel which, as far as I know, has not yet emerged.
on 19 August 2013
I always enjoy Peter James, but I felt this one was so explicitly violent that it really spoiled what was a very good story. I also felt that there were far too many episodes of Susan suffering pain and it therefore became quite repetative. The main characters were well drawn, and evoked a certain amount of sympathy - an innocent couple caught up in an escalating situation from which there seemed to be no escape. The ending was chilling.
on 8 April 2014
I have previously only read the Roy Grace novels by Peter James and thought I would try something else he had written. As usual the story kept you moving and guessing but I did not enjoy the occult aspect of the plot and found the ending rather unacceptable.
I'll stick with the Brighton Police in future!!