Customer reviews

on 5 March 2017
1st watch, strap broke after about 18months. 2nd watch, strap broke after 24 months. just rubbish. the watch movement is ok, ish. the alarm on the second watch either, went off at the wrong time or not at all.
on 2 January 2013
I wanted something with big numbers and backlighting so I didnt have to a) swithc the light on and b) find my glasses to be able to tell what the time was. This has been perfect. Waterproof and tracks time in 2 timezones as well as all sort of complicated timing that I dont use.

Update:
4 years on, and still on the original battery.
BUT, the third strap has just broken. Always in the same place where the buckle does up.
they are £15 a time!
on 3 November 2012
This is a first-class, reliable, reasonably priced running watch.
It is very easy to use and the big numbers are useful for someone like myself who normally wears glasses, but not while running.
I bought it because the strap holder snapped on my previous Ironman.
And, on the Ironman before that, the actual strap broke.
Let's hope I have better luck with the strap this time, but I have no worries about the watch itself.
on 7 April 2014
If your eyesight is failing like mine , then buy this watch, only thing is I didn't search enough and could have bought for £33. Instead of £48. But easy to operate etc
on 8 March 2013
husbands anniversary present he loves it number big enough so he doesn't need to put glasses on to read the time
on 30 August 2011
I bought this watch mainly for it's large and clear lcd display (I do a bit of running and don't want to strain to read the digits) but also for the orange strap. The product arrived in good time as per usual with amazon but the packaging had been a little beaten up in the post. Despite this the watch was unmarked. In practice it's functional, extremely lightweight, the large tall digits are easy to see under running conditions and so far I am a happy jogger. AND it looks cool (love the orange), I just hope the strap doesn't break over time.

Update: I've owned this watch for over a year now and any fears I had of the strap failing have been dismissed, it's still going strong, unlike my worn-out knees!
on 12 June 2014
My last watch was an analogue and now that I run for fun rather than against the stopwatch, I didn't think I'd need another digital watch.

However, having developed Macular Disease/Degeneration, I wanted a watch that was easier to read. The numerals on this one are nice and large and it doesn't scream "I'm a fitness fanatic" like others I viewed here on Amazon.

I'm sure it's good for running times etc too, but more importantly for me, it is fit for its intended purpose.

Big plus point for me - you can set it to day:month in the British format, rather than being restricted to the American month:day format.
on 18 June 2015
Unfortunately I wouldn't buy or recommend this product. I bought the watch last year (May 14) and used it on a number of events, however the strap cracked in three places and broke last month and the firm that supplied it on Amazon ("discount watch store") only provide a 30 day guarantee. The Timex 12 month guarantee does not cover the strap nor basically everything else apart from the internal movements. As an "Ironman" watch I would have expected better as the strap is intrinsic to the watch. My only option is to buy a replacement (non Timex) watch.
on 7 May 2013
Turned even quicker than was estimated - does everything I hoped for. (Timing of Reps and repeat countdown.

If I'm picky, the explanation of features could have been more precise. Very happy with this purchase after first 2 months of daily use for running.
on 23 December 2014
Does everything it is supposed to and is easy to operate. I use it for Pilot training and it works great - easy to read even in stressful and busy situations.