Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

Customer reviews

Be My Baby: The Very Best Of The Ronettes
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 20 March 2016
This cd contains 18 tracks recorded for the Spector label, all bar one of which were produced by Phil Spector. The odd one out, produced by Jeff Barry, is "I Can Hear Music", being the original recording - before the Beach Boys cover version.

The total running time is just under 56 minutes, so I wonder why the compiler chose only 18 songs. I can understand why their 3 Xmas songs were excluded, but why not include at least the following and maybe more?:
How Does It Feel? [B side of Walking In The Rain]
Chapel Of Love [recorded before the Dixie Cups]
Blues For Baby [B side of Born To Be Together]
Oh I Love You [B side of Is This What I Get For Loving You?]
I have looked into other Ronettes cds, but a (double) cd of their complete Spector master recordings unfortunately appears to be non-existent.

This cd comes with a 12 page booklet, with notes by Lenny Kaye. The recording dates of each song are shown, and all except tracks 8, 9 & 10 are in date order.
on 6 April 2016
For fans of this fab 60's girl group may be disappointed with the lack of some of the Spector favourite from the Christmas songs. What ....no Frosty the Snowman? Nevertheless a good addition to my collection and at Full Blast be my Baby and The Best Part of Breaking up would wake the dead!!! Fab
on 14 March 2018
blast from the past makes me feel young again. Arrived in good time and it does what I expected it to do!
on 23 March 2018
Great compilation of The Ronettes' best known tracks. I love it.
on 7 May 2015
The sound quality of this cd is poor especially in the last track but it's good to have these great songs, so given the price paid and age of original recording I'd say it's good value for money.
on 23 January 2013
The Ronettes were probably the best of all the excellent 60's American Girl Groups and Oh so sexy. This is a great value cd containing all their hits and more besides. I have to admit that it was only Phil Spector's Wall of Sound that took them over and above The Shirelles, The Chiffons, The Shangri-las etc.
on 22 June 2017
Great girl group, and a good selection of songs
on 28 April 2017
Superb for "Be my baby" - what a tune !
on 11 January 2017
At last I have some smash hits from The Ronettes , I love it .
on 13 December 2017
Fantastic CD would recommend thank you