Colour Name: Black|Change

on 15 July 2013
This item is a fake. All the people saying it's rubbish quality, takes too long to charge, doesn't fit properly etc it's because this company is selling fakes.

The real mophie juice pack plus is much better than this.

I have contacted them asking to refund my money. If they do not respond I will involve Amazon and Trading Standards.
on 17 November 2011
Great item loved it on my old iPhone As I have just upgraded to iPhone 4s had to buy a new one however the slot on the side doesn't match up with sound switch
on 27 September 2012
Had the Mophie Juice Pack Plus for a month now, I bought it mainly to extend the battery life of my iPhone while using GPS training apps.

Bit of a mixed review, the battery life is great and I would say it very nearly if not doubles the life of my 4S. The extra weight is easy to cope with.

However the build quality is pretty lacking. For example the plastic that holds the volume control has started to come away from the main case and what looks like double sided tape is being exposed. Also the case does not appear to clip together correctly at the sides and leaves quite a gap which allows dust/lint/dirt into the back of the case. And lastly the rubber coating is starting to peal away exposing the shiny plastic underneath.

The phone has only ever been in and out of my jeans pocket and in a snug pocket in my rucksack, it has not had a hard life in one month! I expected better quality.
on 23 July 2012
Befofe purchasing this case I was somewhat apprehensive due to the very variable reviews. Having now used the case for the past 6 months I can emphatically recommend it. I suspect a number of bad reviews regarding this product are due to the fact customers are buying from third party sellers (currently the default option if you just click buy from the front page!), rather than directly through Amazon themselves. Admittedly this is cheaper, but you run the risk of buying an inferior counterfeit case. My advice - select the 'New/Used' option & under 'New' select Amazon as the seller. The cheapest seller may be selling the case for 1/3 of the price Amazon are - but remember if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Battery cases are all about the quality of the components to get adequate protection, good battery life etc. Amazon will send you the genuine product and it's worth the extra cash.

Anyway, on with the review of the product.

Compatibility

I have only used this case with an iPhone 4S - it fits brilliantly and works perfectly.

Build Quality

I've used Mophie cases previously on older iPhone models and they've improved their build quality since then. This case adds a reassuring weight and bulk to the phone. It's hard to get used to at first, but now I prefer it & hate using my iPhone without the case on. The volume & power buttons line up perfectly in the same way they do with Apple's own hideously overpriced bumpers. The two halves of the case click together perfectly leaving no loose connections or rattling of the phone inside the case. It's pricier than most competitors cases & this gets you a superbly manufactured bit of kit.

Function

You charge the case using a micro USB plug. From memory the cable comes with the case but not the plug. To get around this simply plug the 'plug' end of the USB lead into the plug that came with your iPhone. The case can be charged with or without the iPhone within it. If iPhone is in case, the phone's battery will be charged first and then the Juice Pack's once it has reached capacity. I have used both batteries until they are completely flat, plugged the case (with iPhone) in overnight & in the morning both batteries are charged to capacity. The button at the bottom of the case lights 0-4 white LED's at the bottom of the case to indicate the charge left in the Juice Pack. I tend to turn my Juice Pack on (via a switch on the bottom corner of the case) when my iPhone has <10% charge remaining. It then charges my iPhone to 100% with some Juice Pack charge remaining. It is more efficient to do this than to leave the Juice Pack on all the time according to the manual.

There is a cut out on the back of the case for the camera lens and flash. Dust can gather here after a while so I'd recommend removing the case and briefly wiping the back of the phone before using the camera.

The front of the case is somewhat protected from scratches as the bevel of the case prevents the screen's glass from touching a surface on which it is placed. However it affords no protection to the screen directly.

Appearance

I must admit the phone does look more attractive without the case, but this is marginal. Few people use an iPhone without a case, and as cases go I think this one looks pretty good. It adds interest to the phone since friends recognise it as an iPhone, but want to know more about the case! It looks like a well made bit of kit.

Negatives

It is pricey, but in my opinion worth it.

I wish they used the standard Apple dock connector for charging, but I suspect this would add significant bulk, hence the choice of micro USB. You can still charge/sync the iPhone using the micro USB, but obviously the phone must be removed from the case before connecting to docks etc. The increasing prevalence of AirPlay devices may render this negative point obsolete in future.

Overall

Buy this case. Don't think about it, just buy it. It's excellent. Obviously not all third party sellers are selling counterfeits, perhaps none of them are, but to my mind it's worth the extra cash to buy from Amazon and know you're getting the real deal. If all these reviews were based on the genuine article I'm convinced they'd all be 5 stars.
on 15 April 2014
I bought this from Amazon and it worked for a while.
Then it stopped
I wrote to Mophie and they asked me to send a photo of the label.
Mophie said it wasn't made by them.
(It was a fake)
I wrote to Amazon with this information and am still waiting for an answer.
It's in a drawer
on 25 June 2015
When it works its fine but my second one is on its way back 4 months after I bought the first one. The switch packed up on the first one after 2 months use. The second is working sort of but it frequently fails to charge the phone overnight so I've been getting up to a fully charged battery pack and a flat phone on quite a few occasions. The power socket could do with a better design too. Its part way round a curved piece of the case which gets in the way of the body of the mini-USB plug. Most cables you can only insecurely lodge the tip of the plug in the socket which is very unreliable. The Mophie supplied cable is better but still doesn't allow the plug to go securely home. I've taken another cable and used a craft knife on it to shave the plug body and that one is now able to plug in properly and securely. But surely someone looked at this in the design phase.

With all those negatives though, when it does work it works well and is a nice feel and build. Just let down by reliability and lack of attention to detail in the design..
on 24 April 2013
Invaluable, in fact, when it comes to extending your battery life if you're going to be away from a mains outlet for any length of time. I think it doesn't quite double the life, but not far off. It does make the phone a little bulky and heavy though, but that's to be expected.
on 2 September 2012
i bought this product thinking it was real just to make sure i contacted mophie to ask them. they sent me an email saying it was fake. my question is have i got the odd fake case or are they all fake. its a very good fake would have rated it 5 stars if it was real.
on 13 December 2012
Within days the matt coating started to come off and continued to come off and it now looks very tatty. I will be returning it and asking for a replacement of a refund.
on 6 June 2013
I was a bit scared at first after reading all the reports about fake mophie being sold but as far as I can tell and after checking for the tell tale sign of the fake ones I am quite happy this is genuine after all that the devise is great . I use the radio a lot whilst walking the dog and a one time I would have to put my phone on charge late in the day but now I just switch over to mophie ******* brilliant