Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 March 2011
It feels like ages that I was waiting for this album and then i got mine last week and have not stopped playing it. So what's it sound like..? Well it sounds like DIOYY? But this album sounds a bit rawer than You Have No Idea.., a bit more live. With this album though, i feel it flows more than their debut, which was a collection of amazing songs, but as an album I didn't feel had a smooth continuation from each song to the next.
For newbies, I can't really pick a category of music to fit DIOYY? into which is great considering so much music now sounds like tons of other bands. If I had to compare I would say they are like Late Of The Pier in places, but with Hadouken's mad energy and a lot more going on than both bands.
Highlights for me are John Hurt, Wrestler and We Are The Dead. Well worth the 3 yrs wait and along with Enter Shikari are giving British music the kick up the arse it needs to show that the UK is still producing some of the most exciting music in the world!!
on 27 January 2012
Firstly, I am at a loss with some of the negative comments. This album is fantastic. It is powerful, original and sounds brilliant.

The album opens with We Are The Dead, which is a great track and good intro to what's in store. John Hurt follows this which is another strong track. My other favourites are Yeah, The Moneys are Coming, and Wrestler.

The only let down is the last Broken Arms, which is very weak. But the quality all around it means the album merits the 5 star rating, something I rarely give out.

In my opinion better than the debut and probably my album of 2011.
on 17 March 2011
Like their debut album this is very much a mixed bag. Unfortunately this time around the album is missing a gem or two like Dawn of the Dead (one of my all time favourite songs) and has a 1 or 2 more tracks I could do without. In other words, not quite as good as last time around.

As always, when they kick off and nail things down they are fantastic. Wrestler is a personal favourite from this album. I usually despise tracks that sample random speeches but after 5 or 6 listens I still smile each time this track comes on. It is a fantastic tune. There are a couple of other great tunes that shine too and having never seen them live I can imagine they would be a great act to catch (as long as it doesn't involve paying money to see Linkin Park).

DIOYY? maintain their impressive genre hopping but a couple of times it unfortunately sounds as though Linkin Park and the other guff they recently toured with have rubbed off a little too much.

Fans will love this album, newcomers will either be enthralled or comepltely turned off and would be better suited to checking out their debut beforehand. But it's an album well worth checking out - I can guarantee that most people will find at least 2 or 3 tracks to their tastes.

Overall maybe I'm being a tad harsh - I was after all hoping for an album full of "Dawn of the Dead" type quality tunes.
on 8 June 2011
Yeh - I know this one's abit of a way-out, mind bending, ground breaking, limit pushing maniac of a record. On those grounds, Don't Say We Didn't Warn You hits all the buttons.

But one button it presses which I can not stand is the stupid amount of compression and clipping that has been poured all over the music and is the reason for 1 star. In places, there just is NO dymanic range what so ever. Constantly in the red!

I know the late Martin Rushent produced this album and his son is the guitarist, who mastered (sorry masacred) the damn thing?

What a shame this horribly mastered album signifies the probably epitaph of Martin Rushent's long and amazing career.

James Rushent, - do your Dad proud and re-master this again, level it at around 16dB and include a decent bit of dynamic range this time...and NO CLIPPING!!!

Typical modern day production.

[Loudness] War is Over - if you want it.
on 1 February 2016
not nearly as good as their first album. now at the back of the shelf.
on 8 January 2016
Great product
on 5 May 2015
super
on 31 March 2011
Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bad album but all in all when the disk finally stops your not quite sure what you've listened too. It's heavy and brash, it's drifty, it's far too short and overall it lacks a clarity, almost like new version of DIOYY haven't quite found a sound yet. Without being too critical some of the tracks are bold and really pack a punch, however, most of the album feels like an unproduced collection of demos or ideas that have been thrown together to form an album. You just can't help but feel a 5 piece band should have a larger and more diverse sound. Tracks like 'We are the Dead' and 'The Monkeys are Coming' are probably more suited to fans of the previous album, whereas the majority of the album doesn't really find a sound or audience. Even as the artwork suggests DIOYY are following in a different direction, it's just not entirely clear what direction that is. It's not particularly inventive or catchy, it isn't worth buying and the band themselves probably know it's nothing special. Keep heavy and electronic DIOYY because without that you really do have nothing to warn us about
on 31 March 2011
After a stunning debut album and some cracking live performances, I was rather irritated at wasting £10 on such a lazy, uninspired and downright tedious pile of garbage. I don't like posting negative reviews, and this is the first time I have, but I felt insulted that the band could expect people to cough up their hard earned cash for something as awful as this.