on 5 June 2008
One of those books you can't put down. Each chapter, of about 5-15 pages is a little story in itself - funny, sad, all moving in some way. I found myself trying to limit the amount I read I enjoyed it so much! A wonderful, simple, uncomplicated and fun book.
on 9 June 2017
All right but though it would be better
on 8 June 2017
Makes me remember the African bush fondly. It's a romp and easy to read in short anecdotal format. Perfect holiday read
on 20 June 2013
I enjoyed this book as it was very entertaining and quite funny. It gave quite a good insight into safari life from the other side of the coin.
on 27 April 2017
Very good read.
Don't Run, Whatever You Do - Peter Allison

Peter Allison is a safari guide, based in Botswana and this book tells some of the incidents he's found himself in as a guide to typical "townies" visiting the bush.

I loved this book. It made me laugh, chuckle and giggle in turn. You can always trust animals (particularly wildlife) to make you realise just how stupid we are as humans. Hope he writes another book soon!
on 11 February 2013
I must say I only bought this book as it was a bargain at the time. I really enjoyed it.. I laughed lout loud a few times. I ve never thought about the life of a ranger/ guide on safari but it sounds like a lot of hard work and a lot of fun. I will be looking out for more books from this author. I enjoyed all the tales from the out back and the characters he met at work.
on 3 November 2008
A must have for anybody who has ambitions in the guiding industry or simply a love of wildlife. Full of campfire stories written so you never want to put the book down. This book makes you want to rush out and buy a plane ticket to Africa immediately.
on 5 December 2008
I thoroughly enjoyed this book - the author has a good sense of humour and is not afraid to admit when he's done something different or just plain stupid. He seems to have a good feeling for Africa and its wild life.
on 10 January 2010
Brilliant book, but please be aware that it is the same as the UK version 'Dont Run, whatever you do'.
Unfortunately, having bought both books for a present, I was unaware of this until I went on to Peter Allison's website. Amazon treats these books as different too.