on 13 July 2011
It saddens me that this kind of classic comedy is not as well known as others. Political correctness has ruined shows like these and I think they should still be shown on all channels. This is not only classic comedy but life lessons about life in the 70's. Love itt
on 9 January 2012
Iforgot how funny this program was and to see it Brought back some good memories from the 70s It was enjoyable.... My Daughter could not understand how people got away with what they did and Said in them days Soooooooooo Funnnny Love Thy Neighbour - Series One [DVD] [1972]
on 25 November 2015
Okay here is a question to all the LTN fans,I have the following Series of this Iconic Comedy and I am not sure if they are complete,Series 1,both the 6 disc and the single disc editions,Series 2, 6 disc set,Series 3, 6 disc set,Series 5 6 and 8 Single disc,plus the Big Screen film DVD,now have I got ALL the episodes or am I missing any, would someone please put me straight ,I have also got the Complete Dad`a Army and It Ain`t Half Hot Mum,I think, but I intend to get all these completed before Crimbo,its a great pity we are at the stage that anything at all that has to do with the color Black is deemed racist non PC,Bla Bla Bla,its a truly pathetic world when a dig at the racial problem overflows to the extent we are subjected to over the top screaming about color,I enjoyed these programs and all types like it because it glaringly shows what we have become and to be honest it makes me angry,this is comedy that is pure and simple a dig at the PC brigade and at the same time highlighting the bigots and the way we have been programmed,I love Blazing Saddles and this series is a must for the likes of retro comedy lovers like myself,offended am I,not one bit,its a good and honest appraisal of the way in which we treat other humans on our planet,and come out laughing alongside each other,buy it and see how we have so changed and have a good chuckle along the way as well.
on 2 July 2012
A masterclass in comedy, you could never get away with that sort of thing now. You may wonder what could be so funny about racism, racism isn't funny itself, but people's reactions to it are.
Rudolph Walker was a master at it, he always seemed to get one over on Jack Smethurst, their characters, Bill and Eddie respectively, were constantly sniping at each other.
My favourite episode from series one has to be the one where Eddie Booth puts dye on his face to prove a point to bill that racism isn't as rife as he thinks.
Pure comedy brilliance.
on 16 June 2014
I loves watching Love Thy Neighbour in my youth all the family would settle down and have a good laugh.
The comedy on the tv today is rubbish, i suppose this will never be shown on tv today (mores the pity) but its a sign of the times im afraid.
The 70s and 80s were a good time for comedy things have changed now thow and not for the better. I would reccomend any one to buy these Dvds and have a true reminder of the past.
on 4 September 2013
Times have changed and rightly so, but good to see Rudolph Walker's character, the actress who played his wife and Kate Williams getting better of Jack Smethurst's character. Great to see Sid again and Keith Marsh (I'll have a half).

Well portrayed by all, capturing life at the time and probably today, unfortunately in many cases.

It wouldn't work today though.

Apart from Brinsley Forde, Rudolph was one of the first black actors around in the seventies, not forgetting Steven Salmon in the Tomorrow People and Elizabeth Adare/Adair of the same show.

Only Rudolph is still acting though. Miss the rest. Shame Steve only had role in first series of TP's.

Anyway remember all of you. give racism the elbow, get out there and LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR!
on 1 March 2015
Hilarious classic of it's time which would never happen in our hyper sensitive 'you-can't-offend-anyone' society or should i also add 'you-have-the-right-to-say-anything-although-it-must-agree-with-everyone' society we live in. Anyway, funny storylines and witty dialogue provide ages of mirth with the boxset. It is clear why this was a favourite of the time in terms of how society was and because we are so wrapped up and stifled by what we can think or say indirectly such series are a breath of fresh air . To be avoided by over sensitives and those that find offence at anything - ideal for those who have a sense of humour and take the programme for what it was and can view it in the context of it's time.
on 10 June 2013
bought back a few memories.Watched this the other night and could not stop laughing. Cant wait to get number 2!!!!!
on 15 June 2013
I am collecting the whole series they are brilliant in these times no good clean comedies are around bring back proper comedy.
on 14 September 2013
this is great just how it was in them day and how it is today...I will tell people about it . I do not no why its not on gold TV...