Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.37

on 3 February 2002
My third grade students demanded to have me read another installment of Judy Moody. The girls loved her because she is concerned about the same things they are but the boys adored her because she is so them! She collects scabs, for goodness sakes! Easy text for reading by third grade students but it is delightful for reading aloud. Peter Reynolds has captured Judy delightfully in his black and white drawings. How can you not love Judy Moody! "RARE," as Judy would say.
on 16 March 2014
I have asked my Granddaughter how she liked her first Judy Moody book. She is delighted by it and she has asked for more of these instead of Easter Eggs - even better review. Although just 6, she is a very advanced reader and is very mature. Both Mum and I read the book before giving it to her, and we thought it was just right in its language and content. Jessica also has the trio of Stink books which she says makes her glad she has a sister and not a smelly brother and she is sorry for Judy.

Megan, keep on writing and make one little girl very happy.
on 11 March 2014
This is the first of a series of books about Judy Moody and the things she gets up to in her everyday life. I bought this for my 8 year old niece who loves to read, as I thought that a story about a girl her own age would interest her. I was right, she loved the book and can't wait for more.
Look at the reviews, even the most favorable ones: Judy is cranky, willful, crotchety, moody, mercurial, mean, strong-willed, impatient. That angle doesn't overwhelm the books, but it certainly does strongly inform all of the action. I don't think that ruins the books for me, but it makes them less than special favorites. You might want to read the "Look Inside" chapter to get a feel for Judy in order to decide how keen you are on adding her to your library. I'll stick with one volume, unless there's a real clamor for more.
on 4 December 2012
I Like Judy Moody because it's funny. I like it when the toad is soft and bumpy and cool. I like it when they where in the toilet paper club. Her brother Stink is funny he made Frank pearl, Judy and rocky jump by wearing and old mans costume.

I really enjoyed the book, can't wait to read more.

By Jessica age 7
For a few years now, probably close to ten, I have been meaning to read a Judy Moody book. The covers and titles have always caught my attention, but whenever I was in the book store I was always after something else specific. It is my loss. Recently I received a review copy of Stink and the Midnight Zombie Walk one of the Stink Moody books and loved it. I have since tracked down all the Judy and Stink books and will be reading them soon. They have jumped to the top of my to-be-read pile of books. This first Judy Moody book was just as good as the Stink book and I am glad there are so many books to read about these two siblings. If the two I have read are samples of how good the rest will be, I have 21 more great books to read.

The sections in the book are:
Who's Who
The Me Collage
Band-Aids and ice Cream
10 Things You May Not Know About Megan McDonald
10 Things You May Not Know About Peter H. Reynolds

This book was a wonderful, fun read. I made me laugh. It is a book I cannot wait to share with my children as they grow older. In this book Judy Moody wakes up in a bad mood and for the first day of Grade 3 the bad mood continues. Her first school project is to make a "Me Collage". The teacher provides some ideas but the project is up to the children. As the story progresses, Judy learns about herself, and about preconceived ideas she has about others. She makes a new friend and learns how to turn a bad thing into a new opportunity. It was a great read and I look forward to many more adventures with Judy, her friends and her family.
on 5 March 2013
My 8 year old daughter read this book over a few weeks and she says "it was good"

Some words were challenging but on the whole a good read
on 12 September 2008
This book though entertaining is a very hard read as the text doesn't flow like a good book should. Grammar at points are virtually missing and the choice of words can cause the story to be confusing, causing the reader to go over sentances as it stalls your flow.
on 9 April 2012
i am twelve and still love reading these books. yes i agree they are too young for me but i still read older books as well!

whenever im feeling down or have run out of books to read i always love to read these books.

she is in no way irritating she is just an amazing third grader who anybody will love!!
on 4 August 2011
I bought this for my six-year-old daughter. I was looking for something that would be fun and interesting. This turned out to be a great choice. Judy is a fantastic character - direct, funny, quirky and not really one to tow the line. Great humour - we love the Toad Pee club! Would recommend highly.