Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.19

on 27 April 2017
Good reading
on 20 May 2011
I really liked this book and would certainly recommend it. I thought it was quite original and I loved the development of the characters. I especially liked that the female protagonist is not the weak cliché 'damsel-in-distress' type and that she has a few surprises of her own in store for the reader. The twists and turns incorporated within the plot is something I really did enjoy about A Wolf's Duty - especially since so may of these supernatural romances can be very predictable. If this type of story interests you then it is well worth it to look over the other books this author has written.
on 6 June 2011
Oh my goodness! If you haven't read this story and it's sequels you are missing out on a jewel, big TIME!!
This story is about a werewolf prince suffering many things due to being without his mate for two centuries. He finally finds her, in an abused human girl who is broken inside and the story is about him winning her trust and her getting used to the new life he puts her in.

Seriously! Don't miss out!

P.S. I'd recommend it to mature readers...
on 18 October 2011
Well, I've been around and read plenty of werewolf themed romances, but I must say this one was rather original. First of all, this is a series, but the books could probably be read individually in any order, but it would be recommended to read them in the correct order which is: A Wolf Duty, A Wolfs Oath then a Wolfs Price (unfortunately i read the last book second and second last, but apart from a few vague references you wouldn't know it without further investigation).

So, the werewolf theme is a little bit original, but at the same time holds enough of the classical idea that you don't get list or perturbed. I found it rather refreshing. The romance aspect is nice - in this novel Tobias is extremely caring, very possessive and protective, something which Alex, the main female lead, needs thanks to her abusive relationship with her father and lack of friends. Its nice the way each character seems to make up a separate part of a whole. There's also the addition of the whole werewolf mythos as the author see's it as well as some other supernatural elements within the story.

Its exciting, fast paced and well written. My only complain is that either the author or editor has a sketchy grasp on the english language at times - the occasional hiccup in language is there, as though the author has an auto-correct online whilst writing and didn't proof it enough to pick up on the errors. There are not too many but you will notice them.
on 4 September 2012
To be honest I was quite dissapointed.. It was just really a more cheesey version of Wolf Prince (Quinn Loftis) - Complete with abusive kidnapping, supernatural royalty and fights to the death. Also I found all of the characters quite boring - there was no funny/cockey character to make my family question my sanity from laughing whilst reading. On the other hand I absolutaly LOVED Alex`s little supernatural twist (really trying not to give anything away).. So, if you haven`t read many other books like this then it may well be a decent read - from seeing other reviews, but it wasn`t excellent in my opinion.
on 3 March 2013
Likes: it was nice to read a book that didn't use the same sorts of characters (vampires and werewolves), it was a refreshing change to read a book about werewolves and witches/warlocks. There was a nice storyline with several twists, some where predictable (but still enjoyable) whereas others were a surprising.
Dislikes: There was plenty of detail (sometimes a little too much) but the same vocabulary was used to describe various scenarios which became a little tedious.
on 17 October 2011
I bought this series based on the reviews already written, I am a great fan of paranormal romance but this book did not live up to expectations. The characters never managed to draw you into the story, Toby's continuous use of 'dearest' was extremely irritating. The idea behind the plot was good but so many aspects of the story were weak; Alex's simple acceptance of the existence of werewolves and the fact that she was a powerful witch, her mother staying in an abusive relationship, the powerful warlock that was so easily beaten. There were so many spelling and grammatical errors that you had to continually re-read some sentences in order to make sense of them.

I managed to read this one and drag myself through the second book, the third is sitting in my kindle unlikely to ever be read.
on 1 November 2011
This is the first of three books and they all slightly overlap which is quite clever. This story is about Alex,an abused human and Tobias a werewolf prince and how they become mates. Easy to read and well written, I have since downloaded the others and will look out for more stuff by this author. If you enjoy reading The Big Bad Wolf Series by Heather Killough Walden you will love this....
on 15 April 2012
The story plot was a highly original one- I will not spoil you with its content as I believe it must be read to understand the context.
The characters were highly believable and very comical, (without intending to be).
If you are into Werewolves and Romance you will find this an excellent read.
Overall a Five Star Must Buy!
on 31 May 2011
I love how each book overlaps with one another. Any questions you have which aren't answered in the book are answered in another which makes it linked. I love the passion of the series and how it makes you envy the characters and wish for it to all be real. It's not even worth 5/5, more 101/100