on 27 April 2014
Like many of the other reviewers, this book was my teenage introduction to fantasy and as such will always be a five star. Having read it again for the first time in over twenty years I can still say it creates that feeling of amazement and enjoyment. But how would I review it if I didn't have that history?

The story does have holes in, and often depth is sacrificed for pace, but it's unapologetic while doing it. Modern fantasy has become epic of scope, with complexity, detail, intrigue, blood, and sex, which is great for those who have grown with the genre over the years. The beauty of Dragonlance (and Forgotten Realms) was that the back-story came later and could be indulged in as much or as little as desired. It's also aimed at those who first grappled with goblins and took the persona of a dwarf through D&D or Fighting Fantasy, which gives it almost instant accessibility.

In many ways the Dragonlance world grew with its readers and players and was a reflection of them as well as it's creators/authors, and so we all feel an attachment to it. It's not perfect but it is the book that provided me (and seemingly other reviewers) with that 'Wow!' moment that created a lifelong fantasy fan.
on 9 January 2013
I first read Dragons of Autumn Twilight years ago, before I was even a teenager. I've come back to it several times since and still find it an involving and entertaining read.

This book may not have the complexity or moral ambiguity today's fantasy novels and some of the characters are a little cliched (grumpy dwarf, aloof elf) but what it does have is an epic story, a well developed world and a set of likeable, memorable characters.

Highly recommended.
on 23 September 2015
Brilliant book which I am reading 2nd time round. Wish I had the entire series from the first read 30yrs ago. The similarities between this and the Lord Of The Rings are uncanny and you can't help wonder did 1 inspire the other. For fantasy novel lovers it's a must read
on 6 April 2016
Read this back in 85 and have started reading again still as enjoyable and this time around I do not have to wait for the next book to come out. Who would have thought at that time you could buy a book on the internet get it delivered electronically and start reading it immediately without leaving your house and not paying with cash! Reading Science fantasy with Science fiction using Science fact WOW
on 19 January 2014
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my mum, it was her favorite book series when she was little, and recently said she wouldn't mind reading them again, on that note i was online! I was surprised how easy it was to find the books. She was over the moon with the book. It was as described and arrived on time :D was a good buy and would by from the seller again in the future.
on 2 January 2013
Read these books in my teens, and always wanted to revisit the world of Krynne for the last ten years. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this book again, making me feel exactly like I did all those years ago. Unforgettable characters, great idea, and DRAGONS! Needs to be a part of any fantasy lovers collection. Bring on the rest of the collection.
on 1 June 2017
Best read aged 12-14.
Re-reading aged 45 strangely not quite so engrossing
on 20 May 2014
I loved these books when I was young and it was lovely to find them again. I was looking for something for my son who is a reluctant reader but plays dungeons and dragons and warhammer 40K.. He hasn't put this down and has my kindle off me until he goes to bed. Fine by me.
on 15 July 2013
I have all these books in paperback and have read them all at least half a dozen times, they are brilliant and well worth downloading to my kindle to read time and time again. the stories weave and interweave, they allow your imagination to go beyond e bounds of fairy tale. I would highly recommend all of these books
on 1 April 2014
and have just purchased the kindle version to save room. I first read these as a teenager and it is the one set of books I feel I should read again after a period of time. And every time I do it is a pleasure to join our heroes on there adventures, for the laugh out loud moments or the sob your heart out ones. I love fantasy reads but these are top on my list.