Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 7 November 2011
I was lucky enough to see his show a the o2 arena and it was fantastic, at times i laughed so hard it hurt, it was what i expected only better his jokes and stories are so funny and the way he moves on stage just makes it.
I enjoyed it so so much ive pre ordered the DVD :)
on 17 January 2012
I have given this 3 stars but purely because I feel too bad giving any less.

I am a massive fan of Alan Carr & love chatty man as well as he's previous stand up 'Tooth Fairy'.

He is still endearing in Spexy Beast but it feels very forced. Its almost uncomfortable viewing, he is clearly trying very hard and its cringing to watch.

You want him to do well but the material is not funny enough for any real belly laughs.

I found myself smiling at parts but that was it.

Maybe worth a watch or a rental, but perhaps dont get your hopes too high!!
on 7 November 2011
What a superb comedian! He has a fresh and witty take on life and puts himself down with such style you can tell that here is a man who's taken a lot of stick in his life but has learned to turn the tables by doing it so much better. He's very funny and you can clearly see that he's a great actor as well Some great one liners - a very funny man.
on 4 December 2011
Oh dear Alan ...what has happened? i had been a fan for a while..loved Tooth fairy and had the pleasure of seeing him before he hit the heights...I'm not sure what has happened? It's cliched ..and sooooo predictable...how many punchlines can you have.."I looked like a solero!" Or "I did me sudoku!"
I always like Alan for his originality..but this dvd and his live comedy now smacks of complacency and laziness..He needs to get rid of the writers and go back to what made him famous...fantastic stand up... save your money this is a caricature of the real Alan...come out, come out...wherever you are!
on 8 December 2011
Seriously the funniest thing i have seen in ages, was laughing all the way through it. Alan carr is a genius!
on 1 December 2012
I bought this because I love watching Alan Carr chatty man. I find him so funny.
I was really looking forward to watching this DVD.
Well all I can say is I was very disappointed. I found this hard work to watch and only persevered as I had bought it.
Very disappointed not funny at all.
on 27 February 2012
I love Alan Carr and was so sad that this was so disappointing! I laughed out loud at the Tooth Fairy DVD and was looking forward to this - but in all honesty I laughed twice!! I would not recommend it and I bought this for my husbands birthday so was a defo let down.
on 18 February 2012
I love Alan Carr Chatty man so when i saw this i thought i'll get it but i don't know if i'll like it, but i was soo wrong when i put it on i couldn't stop laughing it was soo funny and i'm so glad i did buy in. This is so worth getting!!
on 14 December 2011
I went to see Alan Carr on the night he was filming this DVD and I was laughing that much I missed half the jokes so bought the DVD so I could see it again. Well worth it and just as funny the second time around. Brilliant!
on 26 November 2011
His latest stand-up but not his best...get the debut dvd if you haven't seen tooth fairey.The material in this is just not as strong.