on 12 June 2011
I am a big house fan, but I think the show is heading in the wrong direction. The earlier seasons were clever, intelligent and kept you guessing. This season you could work things out before they happened. I felt the love arc was poorly handled and I don't believe Cuddy would have acted that way. It wasn't like she didn't know what she was getting into. I felt the final episode was a bit silly. House is reckless, but he isn't stupid. Everything he does is a calculated gamble and I don't know if its because the show has new writers or what has changed, but I was left wanting more. Still it is a great show. I think the high standards of the earlier series is what I am after. I will happily watch season eight, but I think they could have done so much more with season seven. I think the character development of house's team was really good. Some of the cases were brilliant. There were one or two rather weird and wonderful episodes. Overall it was a pretty good season!
99 comments| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2011
Always interesting from a medical point of view and Hugh Laurie is an excellent actor but I do not feel that this Season 7 is as good as the previous 1-6. It somehow seemed to go off the track with some odd characters being introduced.
on 12 May 2014
It is in season seven that I detect that just a little of the shine has worn from the gem that is 'House'. Hugh Laurie is, as ever, highly watchable but you just feel a little tiredness creeping into his portrayal. New characters are brought in to maintain interest but it is fairly clear that the writers are flagging slightly. Interesting guest appearances lift some stories and as always the tortuous relationships between the diagnostics team members fills the gaps between new unexpected symptoms and the crash cart!
If you enjoy House you won't be disappointed with this seventh outing, but everything has its day and House may be reaching the twilight of its run of success. We shall see...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 November 2011
2 January 2012: All series has now been seen and well up to usual standards. Only one technical glitch in one episode which was easily overcome and no problem on this USA Region 1 collection. Good to see the Australian Chase becoming more Australian (physical communication rather than enjoying a good linguistic joust). Cuddy's kid is a scene stealing little cuttie. Only our hero descends into the area of unattractive. Fascinating.

My video shows the USA version of House Season 7. I noted that the UK version is three very slim dvd cases, presumably containing two discs each, within a sleeve. And the price was right for me.

I shall savour each new episode and hope that the now dating Greg House does not renounce his character. But I also hope that the cool, dark, decisive Lisa Cuddy brings something out of him.

Only Mad Men exceeds House in terms of light television drama but with Season 8 of House currently being screened, I have enough to keep me entertained in anticipation of a fifth Mad Men season.

18 Nov. I watched the first episode of this season the other night and without giving the story away I would say that House still has dust on his face from the end of season six. Really, nothing has changed since my review of Season 3 on the 10 December 2007. Brilliantly structured fifty minutes of fascinating television. I hope to stagger my viewing so that the end of this season is viewed over the xmas period.
on 13 June 2013
I loved this series right from the first airing on TV. House/Hugh Laurie..... as the eccentric unreliable super brained doctor held my attention.... I now have the complete set of all eight series. I'll wait a few months and then watch them right from the very first instalment..... has to be better than watching endless une=wanted repeats of not very good TV shows. This was real class !!
on 9 January 2013
Another brilliant season of House. This is one drama that never gets old. Each episode see's a new, exciting medical enigma to be uncovered, while the story line progresses and we learn more and more about the characters and see them through their daily lives. As well as exciting & very entertaining, the show is also heart warming, you can't help but get closer to the House team with each episode. I will be tuning in to season 8 tonight...
on 17 February 2014
Yet another present that I have to report on, without having watched myself.

However, the recipient requested this set on his Amazon Wishlist so it must be good, particularly as this is Season 7.
on 4 December 2011
It was inevitable that House would give way to his more human urges and actually explore his relationship with Cuddy, but House being House, would have to edge things just that little bit extra making life all the more difficult for others. That said it was nice to see House as a person, not just as a miserable, people-loathing character which gives him both brilliance and a spark not seen in others dramas. However, the end is predictable, if not typically House. Wonderful, ever watchable and this is definitely one that will run and run for many years to come.
on 23 October 2011
Having seen some so-so reviews I was a little worried that House might be going downhill. If you watch it because of the cutting edge medical diagnosis, then you will probably be disappointed as the medicine is definitley secondary in Season 7. If you watch it because it's consistently mad, very funny and has some great charaters, then you will probably enjoy this season as much as I did.
on 11 December 2014
If you're contemplating buying this then it's a fair bet you already like House. Why start with Season 7 otherwise?
Anyway there are loads of reviews about this Series, in my view this is one of the best as the writers have cranked up the humour a level or two, and the series is much funnier than the previous ones.
However, the point of my review is to warn you to be careful which version you buy.
The version I got (from Amazon themselves) is the Scandinavian version (still Region 2), it has English language audio but comes with a choice of Swedish, Danish, Norwegian or Finnish subtitles, not a problem generally as almost none of the previous seasons have subtitles anyway. However, at the start of episode 7 'A pox on our house' some of the characters speak in a foreign language (Dutch I think) and the producers have thoughtfully provided forced caption subtitles, which - you've guessed it - are available to you in one of four different languages, and, in case you weren't paying attention, English isn't one of them!! This section only lasts about 5 minutes and as the episode unfolds, you can guess roughly what they were on about. It's not necessarily a deal breaker, but it might make a difference to you, and at least you may be able to make an informed choice.
If you are a fan of House, you definitely need to get this Season, but like I say, be careful which version you order.