Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 27 January 2014
First of all the discs were all in perfect order. No episode missing or mixed up. So the previous problems have obviously been resolved.
I preferred this to season 1. I now like all the characters. Pete is funny, Claudia quirky, Archie lovable etc Though It took a while for Myka to grow on me. I find it pretty irritating when they have certain episodes where they make her up to look 'wow' (one episode she's a model) because she never does look 'wow'. No offense to the actress that plays her but the make up artist really needs to realise, putting someone in a super tight dress and caking a super thick layer of foundation on her is not a sexy look. (Especially with camera close ups).
Anyway I digress. Its interesting to see the different powers each new relic has. And I am curious to find out how old Mrs Frederick really is..
Ooh and a surprise addition is non other than the Bionic Woman herself Lindsay Wagner! Who may I say looks gorgeous as ever!
I am enjoying the box sets now a lot more and look forward to season 3. Its still a 7/10 for me but might just be creeping up!
on 17 April 2012
Love this show and could wait for this to arrive, but after reading other reviews i was disappointed to here that some of the episodes were on different discs which meant you had to put in disc 4 jut to watch one episode each time. I know its not a big deal but its still annoying. When it arrived i started to watch and noticed that the episodes were in order on the correct discs :)
on 9 June 2017
Not as good as a town called eureka but highly watchable and enjoyable entertainment.
on 26 September 2011
This is another bunch of excellent episodes from an amazing series. The Wells storyline shows amazing potential for the series to continue and each character has some growth with the exception of Leena who seems to be largely forgotten. The crossover with "A Town Called Eureka is Excellent. Now for the downside when we are forced to wait so long between transmission and release the least they could do is release all episodes within the series (13, hrm what could they use to remember that number relating to this show.............) and in the correct order. If you haven't seen the series already read the other reviews to find out the correct viewing order or risk having some plot points spoiled and a two part episode that does not follow one after the other. Would have been 5 stars other than this. Good extras as ever.
on 7 October 2011
I have had an e-mail from Playback saying they will be reissuing the discs shortly and you can send the mis-ordered ones back for replacement:

"A new version of the series will be available in a few weeks. If you wish to exchange your original UK purchased DVD discs we ask that you send us the DVD case with all discs in an envelope with your name and address enclosed. Please keep your original special packaging and we will post you out a copy. We will post out to any country as long as a UK product was purchased.

Universal Pictures (UK) Ltd
`Warehouse 13 S2 Exchange'
Prospect House
80-110 New Oxford Street
London
WC1A 1HB

Please note this exchange will finish in March 2012 so please return any discs before this date. "
Once in a while you come across a television series which at times makes you giggle like a child and at other times makes you gasp at the effrontery of the plotlines and their conclusions. This is such a series.

I hope that the writers had as much fun writing the programmes as I had watching them. I am sure that I missed many of the references to past films and television programmes, but I have to admit that I really enjoyed the Young Frankenstein 'put the candle back' scene. The 'freaky Friday' situation in the 'Merge With Caution' episode was a gem.

What can I say? I am unreservedly addicted, hooked and looking forward to watching season 3.
on 17 September 2011
Do not view this DVD until you have read this! Disc 1 contains episodes 1,2 and 3. Disc 2 has episodes 5,6 and 7. Disc 3 shows episodes 9,10 and 11 then disc 4 contains episodes 4, 8 and 12!??? Also the Christmas episode is missing. I am disappointed that they couldn't get anything in the right order but don't let that distract from another fun season at the warehouse. It's just a shame that you have to put in disc 4 for one episode inbetween the other discs.
77 Comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2011
Warehouse 13 really comes into its own in the second series, Claudia gets more face time and becomes a great character, the whole story line with H.G is just epic, a plan that apparently she has been thinking of for quite awhile, although her reasoning did seem a little odd, there were some great stories in this series.
now, to the second point, this is about the actual dvd and not about the episodes themselves, the disc order is a little weird, disc one contains episode 1,2,3, disc two contains episode 5,6,7, disc three contains episode 9,10,11 and disc four contains episode 4,8,12. on top of this, the christmas episode (which was one of my favourite episodes) is completely missing from the dvd set. so the christmas episode is missing and to watch all of the episodes in order you have to keep switching the discs out.
on 18 September 2011
This is a truly brilliant series, but unfortunately, it has two major issues. While they're not "major", they do cost the DVD two stars, at least in my opinion.

Number 1: The Episodes is not in order. Disc 4 has episodes 4, 8 and 12 on them. This irritates me, since it means if I want to watch them in order, I have to change discs more often then is necessary.

Number 2: Episodes 13, Secret Santa, is missing. Hopefully, this will either be released on Season 3's set, or Series 2 will be re-released with both the issues addressed.

Other then that, this is a brilliant set.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 September 2011
I've deleted my original and rather scathing review which was caused by the release of the series with wildly out-of-order episodes. This error has now been corrected and following an email from Amazon, I was able to request and then receive replacements for discs 2, 3 and 4. The series now makes a LOT more sense and various threads now link and recur in a coherent way.

Some of the episodes still jar as being a bit too silly (the hero who wears a purple 'superhero' suit is one example), but by and large, the series has some excellent storylines. Very effective use is made of the H.G.Wells thread and the episode inside the re-awakened Warehouse 2 is very good - albeit a bit too similar visually to elements of 'Galaxy Quest' (big whizzy things in a corridor) and 'National Treasure' (burning oil trails illuminating the warehouse interior).

Nevertheless, what was a 2-star review now becomes a 4-star review. But maybe next time, the SyFy people will be more careful when releasing series to DVD.

One last tip - don't even bother with the 'Eureka' crossover episode. It's drivel. Why wasn't that space used for the Christmas special?
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse