Normally I only use pens designed and created for real men, in colours appropriate to such instruments of masculinity - black like my chest hair or blue like the steely glint of my eyes, or the metallic paintwork of my convertible Mustang sportscar. Imagine then the situation I found myself in when, upon taking delivery of another shipment of motorbike parts and footballs, I reached for and grasped not my normal BIC pen, but a `BIC for Her Amber Medium Ballpoint Pen' (evidently ordered by my well-meaning, but ill-informed girlfriend whilst my back was turned). I knew something was wrong when I had to physically restrain my hands, gnarled and worn from a lifetime of rock-climbing and shark wrestling, from crushing the fragile implement like a Faberge egg. Things only went downhill from there.

Normally my hand writing is defined and strong, as if chiselled in granite by the Greek gods themselves, however upon signing my name I noticed that my signature was uncharacteristically meandering and looping. More worryingly the dots above the I's manifested themselves as hearts, and I found myself finishing off the signature with a smiley face and kisses. Obviously I had no choice but to challenge the delivery man to a gun fight on the rim of an erupting volcano in order to reassert my dominance. Had I not won this honourable duel this particular mistake might have resulted in a situation that no amount of expensive single malt whiskey and Cuban cigars could banish. I leave this review here as a warning to all men about the dangers of using this particular device, and suffice-it-to-say will return to signing my name with a nail gun as normal.
5150+ comments| 7,516 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 March 2016
My girlfriend is a primary school 'teacher' and asked me to buy her some of these pens for her birthday. It felt wrong not getting her a new attachment for her blender as I have every birthday until now, but I'm really pleased that I took the chance. She's over the moon because now she can mark her students' work like a proper (male) teacher instead of just leaving lipstick kisses on the bits she likes and urinating on the bits she doesn't. Hopefully this device will enable more women to become 'teachers', thus freeing up some of the proper (male) teachers to become lumberjacks, firemen, and CEOs.

As a progressive I say, 'Good Work Bic!'

(I couldn't give 5 stars because despite my enthusiasm for the product I do have small reservations about women being allowed to 'teach' the young and indoctrinate boys with ideas about cooking and needlework, but I don't have any children so I don't care that much.)
on 28 August 2016
I would love to try these lady pens. Does my husband have to order them for me?
on 29 August 2012
Without the Limited Feminine Hygiene Colour Palette on the packaging, I really struggled to come to terms with my socially constructed norms when shopping for stationery. Thanks, Bic!
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2012
As I man I object in the strongest terms to this sexist thing. It is simply too thin and delicate to get the wax out of my ear and too short to reach down inside my belt to scratch with.
on 30 August 2012
Much like riechern's issue I purchased one of these for my girlfriend and I am yet to have my underwear washed and folded, on top of that her driving has only worsened. Will there ever be a product that truly works for women
on 28 August 2012
Initially I had mixed feelings about the Bic Pens for Her, but when my last Bic Pen broke I figured I'd go for it and try something new.
It turns out I actually really liked these! They are very quiet, safe to use in the bath tub, and so discreet!
When I travel, I can confidently pack them in my luggage without any embarassment. ;)
I'm thinking of giving these out as favors at my friend's bridal shower.
11 Comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2012
I now have the perfect writing utensil whilst out in the field. As an archaeologist, all I need now is a pink shovel and pink trowel and my professional life will be complete!
on 28 August 2012
For years I had dreamed of penning a masterpiece and yet, when it came to that blank piece of paper the harsh offensive masculinity of the pen was just too intimidating. Finally it seems someone has actually considered what it is like to be female in this cruel world and how easily our little minds can be intimidated and denied the oppourtunity to do our life's work. Five stars.
on 25 November 2016
At first I was confused as to why this product was not available in blue ink, then my clever husband reminded me that blue is a boy's colour: what a silly little fluff brain I am! I love all the empty adjectives used to describe this product as they really appeal to women; the marketing men must have thought long and hard about which semantic field to use.