Customer reviews

Colour: black|Change

on 17 July 2017
nice little bag for 11inch macbook air
on 29 January 2011
This is the perfect cover to keep your Macbook Air 11" safe from scratching. When I purchased my Macbook Air 11" in December from Apple I presumed they would make a case to keep it in. But No they dont. Not yet anyway. 11" is a difficult size for them. Wont fit in the cases made for IPads as they are only approx 10" and wont rattle around in the classic 13" cases! I bought the Air so I could carry it around in my large work handbag and it would get scratched and battered without a cover. Surfing the web I found this Tucano Second Skin case. My Macbook slides in and zips up. Weighs almost nothing (case and macbook!) And I have had almost as many comments on the case as I have the Air! Doesnt have a handle which suits me better as its to go in my handbag. Some people may prefer something more hardy with a handle, but this works perfectly for me.
on 31 December 2010
I had a Tucano red skin for my previous Air (13'') and it was perfect. Since I bought the new 11'' I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a fit skin for my Mac. Look no more! Same perfect fit as always, internal flap to prevent losing the Mac even with the zipper open, thin neoprene, yet thick enough to protect from bruises. The grey looks cool with a bit of shine in it.

The smell of the skin in the first days was the only negative part, but it disappeared already.

Looking forward for years of perfect protection of my Mac when carrying it in a bag or in my hands! 100% recommended!
on 3 August 2011
Excellent skin, perfect fit, & doesn't add much bulk to the Air.. well worth the price to prevent your investment getting scratched.. clever fold-over at the top corners under the zip fastener for extra protection. If you spent about £1000 for your Air, dont look for cheaper skins..!
on 4 October 2012
Perfect size for MacBook Air 11".
There is a slip that insures the aluminium case does not stretch against the zip.
I'm so glad I bought this item and use it all the time with the MacBook. Looks good and fits well.
on 9 May 2014
Straight out of the packaging this case is a lovely tight snug fit. I was hoping to fit a skin on my mac book 11" but can confirm there isn't enough space for more than the Mac book air.
Although my experience of neoprene is that it stretches with time so it might later.
For now it offers a good water repellent sleeve that protects from basic scratches and light bangs. It fits snugly with an inner liner that covers the mac book inside the zip to avoid and scratching.
Overall very happy as this understated but robust case should do me well.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 August 2013
Wanted a slim fit case for my MBA and this fits the bill perfectly. Used for well over 18-months now and it has stood up to use over this time without any issue.

Nice, snug, fitting and the inside is soft enough to ensure no scratches for your MBA! Personally I use this to protect the MBA when placed within a laptop bag etc., to stop keys, pens, plugs etc., damaging the aluminium finish. Has some use on its own though if that is what you prefer.

Great price too - recommended.
VINE VOICEon 31 December 2012
I looked long and hard at a wide selection of cases and sleeves to protect my MacBook Air 11" before settling on this Tucano one.

I have previously used another similar Tucano sleeve for another laptop, which was part of the reason I decided to take the plunge on the 11" MacBook Air skin.

The sleeve is extremely well made, from a soft, shiny silver rubbery material. The zip mechanism is also of a good quality, with two sturdy pullers. They open and close easily, without too much resistance, and importantly, do not get caught on the inside of the sleeve.

Inside the sleeve there is a fabric 'lip' which can be drawn over the edge of the laptop, to keep it secure when the zip is open. Imagine a pillow-case, with the 'lip' of material to keep the pillow inside and covered. Even if you choose to not use the lip, there are two ridges on either side of the opening, which keep the laptop well away from the zips, and firmly secured when the sleeve is shut.

This is certainly the best accessory I have purchased for my laptop, and will go a long way to ensure it makes it through life without scratches, chips and dents.
on 28 August 2012
Simply the best sleeve you can buy to protect your MacBook while on the move, whether you're going thousands of miles away or whether your in a submarine in the middle of the ocean, it doesn't matter, it's the best for MacBooks!

If like me, your bothered about cosmetic damage, split liquids (including just water) will stain the case, however simply place it in the washing machine on a delicates cycle to remove it. Fading on the case may occur on the 'MB Air' lettering but it's minor.
on 12 September 2011
Fits like a glove. Would have like it to be a little more padded but does the job. Not sure it is worth the price tag though.