Top positive review
Greatest Of All Time...? Not quite.
28 August 2017
Matin International Co. Ltd., established in 1983, is a South Korean manufacturer of quality photographic and mobile phone accessories that also benefit from being reasonably priced. (You can view the available range for yourself at matin.co.kr) I have been buying Matin products for some years now and have generally been impressed by what they offer. Here's my assessment of the company's Small Lens Brush, product number M-6328:
• This is a 'lipstick' style lens brush, which extends from (and retracts into) its protective outer casing as you twist the base
• The full dimensions of this lens brush are shown in the image below (this has been scanned from the product's original packaging)
• The goat's hair brush head is easily soft and safe enough for use on expensive camera lenses (that's what it's principally designed for), and my example doesn't appear to be shedding any of its hair filaments as yet. In utilising a natural fibre, this should mean that the brush itself is more resistant to generating a static charge than synthetic equivalents
• The brush has a protective cap that attaches securely to the case. This is a push-on/pull-off design (i.e., it doesn't lock into place, when fitted), and there is no obvious place to stow the cap when it's detached...so it could unfortunately be uncommonly easy to misplace!
• The casing and protective cap are both manufactured from a shiny black plastic. This feels quite brittle (i.e., don't drop it from height on to a hard surface, or let it drift under any heavy equipment at the bottom of your camera bag, as the plastic might well crack if you do!), and it also looks as though it might be all too prone to attracting scuffs and scratches
• I'd say that the price being charged here is just about right, in terms of the overall product you receive
This is, I believe, a better proposition than Matin's (larger) Medium Size lens brush - a product that also boasts a goat's hair brush head, and which I have previously owned and used. If you have any concerns about this brush being gentle enough for photographic use, I can allay them right now: I am using this regularly to clean my own Zeiss lenses and so far have absolutely no problems to report. Recommended!