on 12 January 2014
I am unsure whether the entire boxset plays well or not, as it will obviously take me many hours to get through. I ordered it on a Sunday, and it arrived on the Tuesday- very prompt delivery. However, EVERY DVD case had smears on them, and nearly every disc was covered in fingerprints and lots of little scratches. It is very 'unclean', so I will need to clean the entire set with anti-bacterial wipes. On a plus note, the price was very good.... I just hope it works and I don't catch a bug from it! You would assume that a seller would clean a mucky product before they send it. But no, this seller does not.
on 20 June 2011
I enjoyed the first three series esp., the relationship building of the jailbird Nikki and the Prison employee Helen Stewart (great writing,acting, and direction). It became a little slow and "ridiculous" in series four and five but started to heat up again late in Series 5 and into Series 6. The return of Jim Fenner was too soon if he had to return at all.I still can't believe the way they let Yvonne exit the series...it would have been much more appropriate for Fenner's character to have been locked up, there's still hope. I am still waiting to return to watching the remaining Series 7 and 8. I hope I can read another review that lets me know 7 and 8 went out with a bang...