on 16 January 2016
Good day dreamers book for someone who would like to something like this but has no time or money to spare. Would recommend.
on 27 April 2014
This could have been really interesting, but the writing style was that of a child, and it got boring very quickly. Very disappointed as I had had high hopes.
on 4 June 2013
A great book about a truley inspiring journey. The ups and downs of doing what so many people wish they could do in their lifetime let alone 100 weeks.
on 3 April 2013
This book overall was an interesting read. The author visited some very interesting places for sure and seen some world renown sight.....BUT....I felt it was all somewhat 'organised'. If your looking for a 'free spirited' type read, then this is not the book for you. Everywhere Ian went, there was always someone who 'arranged' to meet/escort him around their City/Town.....yawn!! Or someone who had 'heard' of him.......easy fill-in writing!! And there was no hardship I could see and he always had a big 'nest-egg' waiting back home so to say he was down to his last 10 bucks....well.....is not really true now is it.
Still, he is commendable for his boldness and bravery to do the journey and to sell all his 'life'.
on 4 February 2013
Downloaded this a while ago now for free and to be honest not had time to finish but started of well! :/
on 13 January 2013
I have nothing but praise for Ian who dusted himself down after his marriage break up and made great things happen. The number of people around the world who extended the hand of friendship to him has restored my faith in human nature. This book is an easy read but packed so full of detail that I felt I was there with him.
on 13 October 2012
What a disappointment, this had the potential to be a really interesting book, given the 100 goals in 2 years covered , but instead I found it to read monotonously, with unnecessary repetition and emotionless style. I really struggled through it as far as I could as I like to give all books a chance, but after breaking off to read other good books, I finally gave up 87% in. Maybe I will pick it up again another day when I have run out of reading ,material........and maybe that remaining 13% will wow me?
on 10 August 2012
When Ian's story first hit the papers I was intrigued and started to follow his blogs. Over time there was talk of a book so I decided to wait for that and read his story as a `flowing, on-going' tale, and I'm not sorry I waited.

I had to keep stopping to remind myself that this was actually real life as some of the events and people he met seemed almost too fictional to be true. It took more courage to set off for the unknown than I could dream of and I envy him for that.

I felt so sad for the heartbreak that started off this adventure, and the loneliness he experienced from time to time I'm sure many of us experienced. To know he's now found someone to love and share his life with caps off an amazing two years and I'd love to know the next chapter of his life. How does one settle back to `normality' after all those experiences - it sure couldn't have been easy.

I was a bit disappointed there weren't photos in the book to go along with the various places and people but I did discover there are some on his website along with his blogs. A well written book and one I'll read again from time to time. Thank you for sharing Ian.
on 6 August 2012
What a wonderful, honest and emotional account of a life turned completely upside down. It's very easy to read and packed full of all the adventures experienced as well as important lessons learned and friendships formed. The one thing that I loved most about it was that everything didn't go according to plan, as it's so easy to read a book like this and think "that's ok for him", yet it was entirely down to earth about the struggles and hardships of actually coming up with other ways to achieve goals and making the most of experiences that are less than perfect. Having said that, some were perfect and it was great to read about those too. Really loved this book written by a local guy so many references to places that I know. Highly recommended.
on 4 August 2012
I can't fault the authors acheivements - he's lived a life many of us would be envious of. Sadly, he's just not much of a writer. His descriptions are often painfully dull (I never had any real sense of place or feeling) and when he gets on to his series of world travel events, he reviews the experience much like a first-time travel blogger. It's simply littered with superlatives and excess exclamation marks, and aside from a quite touching first passage on a near-suicide, really tough to picture beyond what I already knew about the locations.

I found it a trek to get through, simply because the style is so irritating; I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Well done to the author on what he's acheived, but there are plenty of other adventure/ travel books out there that have a similar 'wow factor' and are written by somebody with far more impressive penmanship. Go for one of those; you'll enjoy it far more.