Customer reviews

City Lights (Chaplin Collection) [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 3 January 2017
This is one of those films that people love.
Personally I don't like it.
I find it hard to define why, I just don't get much enjoyment from it.
I am working my way through an Imdb watchlist and some of the films are excellent and some are indifferent and some are just OK.
But, I still find sticking to the list interesting and this film fits that bill.
An awful lot of people love it and as such I wanted to watch it, I'd not seen it before.
It just isn't for me, it's only my personal opinion, but it is how I feel about it.
on 8 June 2017
Fantastic! Thank you :0)
on 8 February 2014
Not only is it really funny, but it also has a lot of heart to it! In my opinion, this is the greatest rom com ever made and the only one that deserves to be called the best! After watching it a 2nd time, it's now in my top 20 favourite films. I love it!
on 7 November 2013
A genuine top 10 of all time film - so many brilliant moments - the last scene will make you cry - guaranteed
on 17 November 2013
enjoyed the film, some classic moments in it. the DVD itself was in good condition. I bought this as I have just read the biography of Virginia Cherrill.
on 14 September 2015
I think this is the best Chaplin film of all. The final sequence in which the flower girl who can now see meets Chaplin is momentous - bring a handkerchief!
on 15 May 2017
This must be the funniest movie ever made, a timeless immortal masterpiece.
on 9 November 2015
One of the most beautiful films ever made, the ending always gets me choked up. Don't get turned off by the film being silent, as it has more heart and warmth then most films made today
on 12 September 2017
The boxing scene is brilliant. Quality film.
on 9 January 2014
Lovely movie. Great packaging and quick sending.
Don't lose this movie if you love Charlie Chaplin cinema. Must be in your collection