Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 20 December 2015
Sadly, there is no actual keyboard skin made for the unusually shaped UK keyboard on my Dell laptop. I guess there is no market for this, and so I was compelled to buy this generic skin. If you are a touch typist, it's visually ok - the letters on the keys do show through, although it takes a bit of concentration to see them. This particular size was way too big for my keyboard, although this turned out ok, as it is a rectangular shape, and my keyboard is not. In order for all the keys to be covered, I had to cut this to shape. If your keyboard is square, measure the KEYBOARD and not your display (which is usually how your laptop is measured) as the keyboard dimensions are quite different. That being said, this generic thing does pretty much what it's supposed to - it protects your keys from all the crumbs and garbage in the air that would normally fall on the keyboard. It's actually rather surprising how dirty this thing gets over the course of just a few days - so I imagine all that dirt would normally actually be falling into the keyboard. It is easy enough to clean - it pretty much just rinses off with a bit of dish detergent, and dries fairly quickly with a wipe of paper towel. It's not tremendously sticky, but it does have a tendency to stay where you put it. I have noticed that it stretches a bit - especially around keys that you use often, like the space key. But considering I had absolutely no other alternative but to buy this, I'm pretty satisfied. That being said, if you can find a keyboard skin that is manufactured specifically for your keyboard, I'd purchase that instead. This skin is pretty much a last resort, if you can find no other that would fit.
on 6 December 2011
This keyboard protector is not particularly transparent. As a consequence it looks fairly naff on my all-black laptop. I think it would look better if my laptop case was silver (as in the manufacturer's photos).

For some reason, the last fifth of the protector was folded back across itself when it arrived (due to how it is packaged by the manufacturer). I find it clings well to the keyboard (so long as you put it shiny-side-down!) and the crease isn't all that noticeable. But why fold it at all?!

My keyboard keys had a slightly matt surface when new, nearly a year ago, but now the most commonly used keys have a shiny patches. The keyboard protector clings much more avidly to these shiny patches (and yes, I did clean the keyboard before fitting the protector) which gives a slightly unfortunate black splotchy effect.

All complaints aside, I do get an awful lot of crumbs and dust on my laptop, and I am getting used to the feel of typing with it on, even just during the time it's taken to write this review. I will no doubt soon get used to the look of it as well, and my laptop will be all the happier for not being asked to ingest quite so much food from now on. I can also confirm that it is simple to wash in warm soapy water, and easy to replace when dry. Since it's made of silicone, it clings without any glue, so you can reposition it as many times as you want, until you have it placed just perfectly.

If you are wondering if it will fit your laptop keyboard, simply get the measuring tape about before you order. It's a much more reliable method than basing it on the model or stated screen size of your laptop.
on 7 May 2011
hello this protector took seconds to fit,now keyboard is totally dust free,even the cat can go wherever she wants without getting hairs stuck between the keys well done soliport
on 13 April 2013
I was not sure what to expect with this, Ive had it on my Toshiba Satellite laptop for over a week and its funny to type on and sometimes it slips and moves about around the edges, But at the same time it DOES protect the keyboard from dust and dirt. Because I can see that there is a lot that it has caught. I think you just have to get used to it, saying that Ive not had to type a lot on this laptop. It depends on the person, give it a go and protect and look after your things. It does fit my 15.6" and there isn't no over hang. . . and my keyboard is white so it's not obvious, it just depends on the person really. I want to look after my stuff thes best I can :)
on 18 February 2014
Doesn't stick to my laptop in anyway. If it stuck it wouldn't be too bad to type through. Fairly transparent. But as is, it's useless and has consequentially gone in the bin. FYI I have a Dell XPS15 with a soft touch plastic keyboard surround.
on 27 October 2014
I've been using kepboard protectors for a year or two now. I assumed they were all much the same, but this, though more expensive, is vastly superior to the previous ones -- about twice as thick and with a much nicer feel to it. It's also more transparent. I simply cannot understand the remarks about extra typos (Maybe it happens if you touch-type?) and slipping off the keyboard --- they just don't! What the previous ones did, however, was wrinkle -- really annoying -- so I've got this one sellotaped to the machine, right from the start, at either end. Whether it's really necessary with this make I don't know, possibly not, but I'm taking no chances. Okay, it ain't pretty but I use my laptop to work on, not pose with. I'm an online trader and also a writer so I use it just about all and every day, with no problems. The keys never get a chance to wear, which they did on previous machines, and typing is quieter. Buy with confidence!
Arrived quickly in a HUGE box ! It does as described and protects you keyboard, it doesn't stick to your keyboard, kind of clings, so there's no residue and it's easy to put on and remove. Very thin so there's no problems leaving it in place when closing your laptop.
on 25 February 2013
This is the silliest item I have ever bought.

It is like draping a fairly thick rubber glove over your keyboard and then expecting to be able to type through it. Typos go through the roof.
AND it looks naff.
AND it feels horrible.

Save yourself some money and wrap your laptop in cling wrap!!
on 9 May 2014
I chose this because i can't find the exact type for my Toshiba 15.6 laptop.
I wasn't sure is this a good idea as I was worried it might not fit well.
But this protector impresses me!
it sticks to the keyboard well and it's really comfortable to type on it.
on 6 November 2012
While i can give 5 stars to the seller for great delivery, i cant rate this product over two stars due to it not being the size it is stated to be. Arrived promptly next day and i laughed at the big box it were in. Once opened i put it over the keyboard and its like an inch and half smaller. correct me if i am wrong isnt 367mm around 14inchs. My laptop is 15.4 inch and it never fitted the keyboard completely. I am disapointed as i had spent the money for something that isnt as advertised. so beware even though it says its around 14inchs, IT ISNT.

See one answered question