Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 6 July 2014
A sensational discovery

Irish folk music has always been close to my heart, but it has taken me till now to discover Rita Connolly on a radio programme. The song was ,of course, The Deers Cry. By Shaun Davey they told me.the beauty.of Rita's voice and the quality of the music made me explore further
I was not unlucky. The narrative,the choirs and the widespread music qualifies the Pilgrim as not just an opera but also as a charming tale of rare beauty. I bought the disk then on the chance that I might find another album for my collection. Well I have, in fact I have found a a wealth of Rita's & Shauns music to listen to and digest.
And I'm definitely not disappointed. The whole spread of this diverse music will never let me down.
on 1 January 2016
Hauntingly beautiful Celtic spiritual music.
My Priest used this to 'open' his retreat days and it really helps calm and place you into a peaceful and meditative state to start a day of reflection and prayer.
Play it anytime you need to relax, at the end of a tiring day or just any time to sooth away the busyness of modern life.
I love it.
on 20 March 2017
Just what I expected. Gate
on 9 December 2015
Good product speedy service
on 30 May 2015
The cd is just what is needed when feeling " stressed" even if it is only for The Deer's Cry which is breathtaking in its simplicity.
on 22 June 2016
absolutely delighted
on 12 October 2015
beautiful!!!!
on 24 November 2014
thanks. Anne M A. It is lovely, I really enjoy listening to it. A.M.A.
on 24 October 2003
A wonderful and inspiring feast of Celtic music. Varied instrumental, choral and solo pieces. The track 'The Deer's Cry' based on the words of St Patrick's Breastplate sung in a strong ,clear voice contains meaningful,spiritual words and indeed is a beautiful piece of reflective music.A gentle beginning reaching a powerful finale . Definitely worth mentioning.It can reduce a hundred people to silence and awe.This is not the only track that cries out to be listened to!Lots of varied styles of song and music.
If you are interested in your celtic culture & origins and are a spiritual,reflective being this is for you.
on 3 November 2011
I bought this CD because I heard the track The Deer's Cry on the radio and I eventually found it on this CD. If the Deer's Cry was the only track I liked on this CD it would still be well worth buying but thankfully I like the whole CD. In fact I have now bought 3 and passed two on to other people.