on 7 January 2011
Here is my mini review on the following product:

A1CS Leather Case + USB Keyboard + Stylus pen + Free Screen Protector for 10 inch ePad aPad tablet PC

I will start by saying how impressed I am at how fast my purchase came in the mail given the holiday season. Perfectly packaged and delivered with speed, this was the first sign that I had made the right choice buy using A1SC to purchase my goods. The excellent tablet that I brought has been covered in a separate review by myself so here I will only focus on the keyboard/case.

A fine build, durable and well made indeed. The leather case with its high quality stitched seems was well worth the price that I paid. It has a sturdy hinge that looks like it will last a life time. It has a hard case cover that opens up like a book with a magnetic strap/latch that holds the case closed really well. Apart from the build quality, its best feature is that (when open) it has a fold out stand that holds the tablet containing section in place at a perfect angle for maximum viewing pleasure. With the correct sized tablet attached, its like having a light weight laptop at your disposal (but with out the noisy fan and heavy weight or clumsy size) enabling you to sit comfortable in front of any desk and get on with what ever you want to do in a relaxed and productive manor. The metal clips that hold the tablet in place are fitted in discreet locations around your pad so it fits perfectly with out any fear of the tablet dropping from its captive points or slipping out/ loosing grip. With your tablet held firmly in place you can easily feel confident that you have made the right choice, and at what a great price! To put it simply, thank you to A1CS for a great product and a perfect all round service. A seller that I would most defiantly use again. It was a pleasure shopping with you this second time round.

My purchase:

Product I brought leading to this purchase:

(check out my review for this product at the bottom of the product page):

A1CS X220 TABLET 10.2" ANDROID 2.1,WIFI,3G,HDMI,1080P, GPS WITH CAM
22 Comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 March 2013
i found that the leather look case was of good look and workmanship, but, it was more suited to a 9" unit as my 10.2" tablet sticks out the top at least a quarter of an inch, i would not recomend it to any one buying it for a 10" tablet.
on 18 July 2013
Quick delivery. The product is a nice case and affords good protection for the tablet, keeping it secure with the band that keeps the case shut.
The pivot system works ok but it does tend to fall over when rotated to one of the positions it advertises.
Overall though it's worth the money.
on 4 March 2017
work will thank
on 11 December 2014
Great Product
on 8 January 2011
Exactly as described this is a high qualtity slip case for 10 inch tablet which looks as good as the description. It gives every impression of being tough enough to withstand the odd knock or bump protecting the tablet within. The Tablet fits snugly in the holder and yet is easily removed when you want the versitilty of just the touch screen. When fitted and being used on a table or desk the handy picture frame style stand presents the screen at just the right viewing angle.

Set up was so simple, I just plugged in the usb and that was it! The keyboard has a good feel and is responsive making typing so much easier than the on screen touch type.

Delivery was very fast.

Overall it's been a delightful buying experience and one that i'm happy to share.
on 15 March 2011
I actually got this for my Archos 101 and it fits almost perfectly. I had to make a small incision in the left had bracket so it didn't foul the on/off button. The quality is excellent and the keyboard suberb. One small niggle is the @ sign and " character are transposed on the keyskeys but that may be down to the machmachine.
44 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 April 2011
I bought this for my Advent Vega. Cant fault the quality of this product on appearance, packing or speed of delivery but also cant use it as it doesnt work with my advent vega. wont be returning it as essentially there is nothing wrong with this product, works fine when I plug it into my laptop but I suppose buyer beware, check that this is compatible with the device you want to use it with. This is advertised quite clearly as being for the epad/apad, I stupidly followed a link someone posted on an advent vega site to this keyboard and bought it on recommendation from someone I didnt know ! go figure huh? my own fault !
on 28 July 2011
The case itself is good - looks good, keyboard works well, neat design, the stand at back hinges out to hold the tablet at a good angle for viewing while typing. Should be great for the tablets it is designed for.
One of the other reviewers commented that you could use it with an Archos 101 by trimming one of the retaining clips. This is true, but the clip is metal and took a few minutes vigorous work with a junior hacksaw to trim. It still looks neat, and the clip is now clear of the on/off button, but it still can jiggle the audio volume buttons. Also, the Archos 101 is not held very firmly. So for the Archos 101, it is adequate (as modified) but not great, though given the low price might be worth considering as an interim measure until Archos produce something similar (last time I checked they did a good sleeve, which I also have and am very happy with, but it doesn't have the keyboard).
on 6 March 2013
This is a GENERIC leather case. The quality is great but I'd seen something similar, a bit cheaper. I got this because it says it's for the A1CS 10-10.2" panels and I hoped it would be a match for the one I just bought. However the panel is somewhat smaller than the case, and the USB lead is a standard one, which means that you need a USB-OTG cable to connect it. The new A1CS panel comes with one, but as it's not right-angled, it sticks out of the case. I've just sent off for a right-angled USB-OTG cable, so that it will all stay inside! The top clip adjusts on a spring, the bottom one is fixed. The left one is fixed too, meaning that the unit ends up on the left - you can't centre it. And there is an elastic corner piece to hold it all in but it is too far over to the right, it only just about catches it, and I certainly wouldn't hold it with that edge facing down.

There is no access to the on/off switch or the volume rocker when the unit is in the case. Pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL on the keyboard resets it when on, and switches is on when off, but there doesn't appear to be a way to switch off without unhooking from the case to push the button on the back. Shame.

However, it does get 3 stars because it does appear good quality and robust, the "leather" looks good, double layered and well stitched, and the keyboard is pretty good too - though it's an American layout, but that matches the tablet. I can't work out how to get a £ or Euro sign though. The screen protector just about covers the viewable area of the 10.1 inch A1CS Fusion5, which makes it more puzzling as to why the case is oversized.

The stylus pen works but doesn't fit in the holder which was clearly designed for the old hard styluses used on the resistive screens.

In conclusion, I'd say that it might have got 4/5 because of the price, and quality, but selling it as a match to an A1CS Fusion5 10.1 inch when it is clearly not, loses another star. It will do, but given the advertising you'd expect better.